Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-factory magazines for new M17/M18 Military Pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

Non-factory magazines for new M17/M18 Military Pistol?

Who is making less expensive magazines for the new SIG M17/M18 military pistol? What are the cost and quality comparisons?

Feedback Score
    I think there was a talk of ETS mags being released this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would think Mec gear has some. They make other Sig mags. I got 3 with my full sized and bought one more factory so I didn’t investigate.

To be clear the full sized P320 or X5 mags should work.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In non-1911 guns the only one's I would look at are Mec-gar's.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'd bet that Mec-Gar magazines are not available except in SiG's packaging, like their P229-1 magazines.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I would think Mec gear has some. They make other Sig mags. I got 3 with my full sized and bought one more factory so I didn’t investigate.

To be clear the full sized P320 or X5 mags should work.

PB
    Mec-gar is OEM for the P320. I reached out to them directly trying to get spare base plates for some mags at work over a year ago. Mec-gar said they only supply complete mags to Sig and wouldn't elaborate from that. I'm guessing there is some type of contractual agreement since you don't see P320, M&P, Walther, Canik or any of the newer models that use Mec-gar mags on the Mec-gar's website. David

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Mec-gar is OEM for the P320. I reached out to them directly trying to get spare base plates for some mags at work over a year ago. Mec-gar said they only supply complete mags to Sig and wouldn't elaborate from that. I'm guessing there is some type of contractual agreement since you don't see P320, M&P, Walther, Canik or any of the newer models that use Mec-gar mags on the Mec-gar's website. David
    Do you still need spare base plates, I might have some. I bought some of those Grey guns base plates and might have my old factory ones laying around.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks for the offer. This was before the mag base redesign. Sig has since replaced all of our pistols and mags. David

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Mec-gar is OEM for the P320... David
    The mags with my M17 were marked 'made in Italy', as were the next three I got from various sources. The most recent one is American made. It has a different baseplate, was more difficult to load the first couple times, and the baseplate was more difficult to remove.
    Oddly, the P365 mags are all American made.
    Moon
    ETA- Without some solid history, I'd avoid aftermarket mags. Unhappily, Sig is mighty proud of their mags, and price them accordingly.
    M
    Last edited by halfmoonclip; 04-09-19 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    ETA- Without some solid history, I'd avoid aftermarket mags. Unhappily, Sig is mighty proud of their mags, and price them accordingly.
    M
    The USA marked mags aren't aftermarket to my knowledge. At one point 2016 time frame Mec-gar couldn't keep up with demand so Sig contracted with Checkmate for mags. The Checkmate mags I have seen were the older style mags without the newest upgrades. I don't know if Checkmate is still involved anymore. David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast