Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving across state lines with an SBR'd lower and a supressor

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Not aimed at you at all. Just explaining to jrcii how he can get permission to take his SBR to Montana, although he doesn't know what his new address will be, before he moves. That way he doesn't have to leave it in Washington while waiting for his permission slip.
    Roger.

I just figure it’s more like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    The letter you posted says to list address where SBR will be located, not your unknown physical address. Why not just find a safe deposit at a bank near where you think you will be. Much shorter drive to retrieve it there than a trek back to WA. Just a thought.

I agree it doesn’t mention a separate pistol on the letter. It reads as if you have a registered lower with a shirt and long upper on tow.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much overthinking here. Rather than read through all the gibberish, I'll just say this.

1. I just emailed several 5320.20's to the address on the back of the form and all came back within 10 days. I put the address where I was teaching or the hotel where I was staying for a period of one year. Ultimately they don't give a shit about the accuracy, they just wanted to keep track of your stuff.

2. A form is not needed for a suppressor.

3. If you research some previous threads here, you will see that the BATFE was previously stating that they wanted a 5320.20 completed for permanent change of addresses. In fact, if you read the current 5320.20, it mentions Permanent Change of Address as a reason.

4. Pick an address where you are going in that state, and put it on the form. Once you are in the state, then send the BATFE a new form updating your address. Remember an in-state move does not require that you notify the BATFE. However, should you choose to do so in order to keep the NFRTR up to date, they are requesting that you also submit a 5320.20.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Can you put a firearm in a deposit box in a bank

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Roger.

I just figure it’s more like this

Exactly. Love hearing people say:

“You need to engrave your SBR to a particular depth to be compliance with regulations.”

“You need to mail a notification letter to the CLEO when you submit a form 1 or 4 to be in compliance with the law!”

“You need to get a 5320.20 to take an SBR out of state if you wanna comply with the law!”

But when it’s time for new gun laws you’ll hear them shout “Will not comply!” more loudly than anyone else. It makes sense if you think about it. The guys not complying don’t get so upset about a new gun or explosive law because they weren’t following the ones already on the books in the first place.

Has anyone ever tried to submit a 5320.20 for a firearm that isn’t registered with the NFA branch? I wonder if they’d approve it. I doubt they have any sort of serious record keeping or do any sort of research before issuing a .20. I mean you could’ve had a rifle registered in the 50s and I’d bet thats not in any easily accessible file or computer.

Not trying to advocate anyone break federal law per site rules, but civil disobedience isn’t a bad thing in the fight for freedom. The time to do it is now while we’ve got the Wrecking Ball in Chief anyway. Try that under President Sanders and you’ll end up facing a misdemeanor charge for wasting the govts time.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 03-29-19 at 06:16.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    Can you put a firearm in a deposit box in a bank

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    I always loved that catch 22

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Euro be like

Feedback Score
    Thank you to everyone. It's clear what I need to do now and not nearly as complicated as I was making it.

JRC

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You do realize that they plug your item serial number into the NFRTR before it's approved right? If that item is not in the registry, it's going to be rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Exactly. Love hearing people say:

“You need to engrave your SBR to a particular depth to be compliance with regulations.”

“You need to mail a notification letter to the CLEO when you submit a form 1 or 4 to be in compliance with the law!”

“You need to get a 5320.20 to take an SBR out of state if you wanna comply with the law!”

But when it’s time for new gun laws you’ll hear them shout “Will not comply!” more loudly than anyone else. It makes sense if you think about it. The guys not complying don’t get so upset about a new gun or explosive law because they weren’t following the ones already on the books in the first place.

Has anyone ever tried to submit a 5320.20 for a firearm that isn’t registered with the NFA branch? I wonder if they’d approve it. I doubt they have any sort of serious record keeping or do any sort of research before issuing a .20. I mean you could’ve had a rifle registered in the 50s and I’d bet thats not in any easily accessible file or computer.

Not trying to advocate anyone break federal law per site rules, but civil disobedience isn’t a bad thing in the fight for freedom. The time to do it is now while we’ve got the Wrecking Ball in Chief anyway. Try that under President Sanders and you’ll end up facing a misdemeanor charge for wasting the govts time.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much overthinking here. Rather than read through all the gibberish, I'll just say this.

1. I just emailed several 5320.20's to the address on the back of the form and all came back within 10 days. I put the address where I was teaching or the hotel where I was staying for a period of one year. Ultimately they don't give a shit about the accuracy, they just wanted to keep track of your stuff.

2. A form is not needed for a suppressor.

3. If you research some previous threads here, you will see that the BATFE was previously stating that they wanted a 5320.20 completed for permanent change of addresses. In fact, if you read the current 5320.20, it mentions Permanent Change of Address as a reason.

4. Pick an address where you are going in that state, and put it on the form. Once you are in the state, then send the BATFE a new form updating your address. Remember an in-state move does not require that you notify the BATFE. However, should you choose to do so in order to keep the NFRTR up to date, they are requesting that you also submit a 5320.20.

Have you emailed any to the address on the back of the form? I sent one about 2 weeks ago now, and have received no reply as of yet. Not even a confirmation of receipt. I depart on 1 May and am hoping it is back in time. Any ideas on where to go from here besides giving them a call?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast