Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungarian Hi Power Back from The Action Works

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hungarian Hi Power Back from The Action Works

This pistol started life as a used but mostly unmodified PJK-9HP. I bought it used from a fellow who also bought it used. History and round count is unknown although the pistol didn't have much finish wear internally or externally.

The gun had been modified a little from stock. Someone had pulled the mag safety out along the way. The hammer had also been replaced with a spur hammer instead of the ring hammer the FEG guns came with. Maybe the spur hammer is original? I don't think I've ever seen another FEG with a spur hammer but I'm certainly not an expert on these guns or their various configurations.

I sent it to The Action Works awhile back to have the feedramp polished, safety and sear engagement corrected, new sights installed and a matte refinish. Overall, I am very pleased with the results. I had briefly thought about replacing the grips but have decided to stick with what I've got. The FEG grips give the gun a nice classic look.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Don is one of the preeminent P-35 Smith’s.
    Nice pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Don is one of the preeminent P-35 Smith’s.
    Nice pistol.
    I hadn't really thought of this FEG to be anything other than a beater. But it turned out so well I wish I'd have had just a bit more work done.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    That looks nicely done. I have a BHP from the mid 80’s that I had Novak’s put sights on. They are just nice shooting pistols.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I work for FEG and I showed them the pistol.

They love it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    I work for FEG and I showed them the pistol.

They love it.

Can you comment on FEG's status as a firearms manufacturer? Is the P9M/PJK still in production? If not, are there plans to bring it back now that FN is out of the Hi Power business?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We have a hipower in the works.
    We are making stuff...

We have some sa85mP coming in as pistols soon.

I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We have a hipower in the works.
    Excellent!

Any particulars you can disclose at the moment? Any projected release date?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A steel hi power with RMR , picatinny rail with suppressor sites and rmr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A steel hi power with RMR , picatinny rail with suppressor sites and rmr.

That should be pretty nifty.

One small suggestion if you don't mind. Add a bit more tang to the back of the frame. Not full-on beavertail as done by the custom shops but rather something with just enough length to help cure hammer bite.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast