Thread: Troy Industries High Profile AR 308 Mlok handguard

Feedback Score

Troy Industries High Profile AR 308 Mlok handguard

Hi everyone, since theres barely any discussion or picture of it online and i got two of them

i decided i was going to post some pictures & my opinion in regards of the Troy Mlok AR 308 (high profile DPMS pattern) handguard even if i had to fight with it a little bit..

The issues i had with these rails where substantially 4,

1: properly indexing the barrel nut at the given spec, i had to slightly file down a teeth in order to allow the gastube to pass.. but i think that could also be related to the receivers thread timing

2: the rail screws would rest on the barrel while screwing them, ive resolved this problem using shims (that fit perfectly on the screw recess) instead of filing down the screws.

3: the rail is a hair lower and wont perfectly allign with the top of the receiver (no, is not a low profile rail on a hp receiver). but ive seen this happening often, Troy customer service offered to return the rails for further out of spec inspection

4: i have bought the rail from another provider and not Troy website, it was advertised with a QD mount slot milled on the rail but as you can see is not there on these one.. Troy customer service offered two Mlok QD mounts in return for this issue

i do not know if ALL the rails dont have a QD slot milled on them or i was just unlucky..

Other than that, i really like these rails... for the price point i wouldnt have expected those issue but life is not perfect.. in the end it costed virtually nothing to fix them.

the finish is great, handguard is extremely comfortable and very very nice looking (much resembling a Knights armament mlok rail), the mounting system appears to be strong af, by mistake i dropped the 18" rifle on a concrete floor with the

screws just gently tightened and it hasnt moved a bit. even if its quite slim theres good space for heat to dissipate (im using both heavy barrels and it dont get too hot unless you really shoot alot)

even tho i encountered some troubles, solving them wasnt time consuming nor expensive..

hope if you were looking for info about this rail this post helped! =)

20190330_163926.jpg
    20190330_163936.jpg
    20190330_163958.jpg
    20190330_164201.jpg
    Last edited by Lallop; 03-30-19 at 11:22.