Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Remington V3 TAC-13?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Try finding anyone on the pro clays circuit shooting a Remington shotgun. You won't The last thing I would bet my bacon on is an 1100 variant.
    It is based off the VersaMax... not the 1100 or 11-87.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Screwball is correct, it uses the Versaport system they use on the Versamax. It's one of the things that has me interested in it, the system automagically adjusts to everything from light field loads to Brenneke slugs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    A friend has one, and I have shot it. I think it excels in one particular niche - working around very confined spaces like vehicles and elevators.

If I was a UC officer working narcotics, I'd buy one in a New York minute. My friend that owns it is an armed courier for very valuable items, who moves them by vehicle and private aircraft. They make a great deal of sense for him, as he has the upper-body strength of a mountain gorilla.

If someone made an adapter that let me put a Magpul SGA stock on it, I'd buy one and e-file a Form 1 so fast the Internet would melt down.

(Here's raising a glass to you, Aridus Industries)
    Did you hold it out in front of you to shoot or just from the hip? I've seen videos where the guy holds it out in front of him, almost like he would if it had a buttstock (maybe a little further out). I work out on a regular basis and while I'm not (sadly) as strong as I was in my 30's I'm in pretty good shape, so once I get the "feel" for it holding it in a similar fashion *shouldn't* be an issue. At least you can somewhat aim from that firing position.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I want one of these so bad I can't stand it, but my state has it's own definition of a "sawn off shotgun" and this falls right square into that definition. They are no bueno here.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Did you hold it out in front of you to shoot or just from the hip? I've seen videos where the guy holds it out in front of him, almost like he would if it had a buttstock (maybe a little further out). I work out on a regular basis and while I'm not (sadly) as strong as I was in my 30's I'm in pretty good shape, so once I get the "feel" for it holding it in a similar fashion *shouldn't* be an issue. At least you can somewhat aim from that firing position.
    I fired them from both arm's length and braced against the hip. I used the "push-pull" method for both.

For my use, I'll stick with my SBS's. With a short 12" LOP stock, they are just more easily managed. Others may have different use cases, which is perfectly fine, of course.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Screwball is correct, it uses the Versaport system they use on the Versamax. It's one of the things that has me interested in it, the system automagically adjusts to everything from light field loads to Brenneke slugs.
    If I was going to choose a SBS this would be it... I have a Versamax, and despite being a 3.5" chamber gun, eats 100% of whatever it is fed with total reliability. This includes 1 oz target loads all the way up to heavy 3.5" shells/slugs.

This operating mechanism is basically a Benelli rotating bolt actuated by a short-stroke AK-style gas piston, that has self-regulating ports in the chamber. It is self cleaning and TOTALLY superior to the 1100/11-87 system. My brother and I each have Versamax's and have fired thousands of rounds through both of ours.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    May I also mention these Versamax/V3 are extremely soft shooting as well, which is not a small issue for a small shotty like this

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    If I was going to choose a SBS this would be it... I have a Versamax, and despite being a 3.5" chamber gun, eats 100% of whatever it is fed with total reliability. This includes 1 oz target loads all the way up to heavy 3.5" shells/slugs.

This operating mechanism is basically a Benelli rotating bolt actuated by a short-stroke AK-style gas piston, that has self-regulating ports in the chamber. It is self cleaning and TOTALLY superior to the 1100/11-87 system. My brother and I each have Versamax's and have fired thousands of rounds through both of ours.
    Yup, a buddy shoots a Versamax in 3-gun, and just raves about it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I always thought the Shockwave-type 'firearms' were ridiculous and stupid. My wife fell in love with a Mossberg 20 ga. variant for some weird reason, and I bought it for her. After playing with it a bit, they are actually pretty effective and easy to hit with. Short story, I ended up with a V3 Tac13, and have to say it's kind of a hoot. I was able to induce a stovepipe one time with Federal bulk light field loads by barely holding onto it, but otherwise has been reliable with everything I've tried in it. And yeah, you punch the things out in front of you like you would a stocked weapon. I have 3 SBS weapons and am surely faster and more effective with them, but the Tac13 has its uses I suppose. At least that's what I keep telling myself, ha.
    tac13.jpg

Feedback Score
    Okay, picked it up from my FFL last night and put a couple rounds through it today. The 2 3/4" 00 buck grouped significantly tighter than the 3" magnums. Also, I would highly advocate sticking to 2 3/4" as the 3" were, uh, not friendly to say the least!

My buddy put a few rounds of both types through it also; he is a retired Special Forces SgtMaj, gruff as hell and certainly not a pussy. When he got done he looked at me and said "Damn, those 3-inchers hurt my wrist!" Of course I had to guffaw heartily and play it off with a wise-ass crack about him being a dried-up 66yo geezer, but he noticed how red my knuckles were from the strap. He wryly looked at me and said "I'd say stick to the 2 3/4 inchers, and I bet you agree, don't you?"

What can be added to this and still keep it legal? Pistol grip? Arm brace?
    Last edited by ABNAK; 04-06-19 at 18:40.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast