Thread: ANYBODY NEED A CHEESGRATER? I NEED mak90 gas tube and wood

Feedback Score

ANYBODY NEED A CHEESGRATER? I NEED mak90 gas tube and wood

i have milled receiver mak90 im restoring....i have a rare cheese grater gas tube
    i want blonde wood and gas tube to match my refinished furniture heres a pic
    id swap 1 for 120190330_164659.jpgm1.jpg
    Last edited by BIKERGUYFORLIFE; 03-30-19 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    You know the ban sunset about fifteen years back.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OP, just an fyi but those upper handguards are commercially produced in the US now for about $40. You might find a collector on an AK centric forum looking for a specific one for a build/restoration but I don't think you'll get much for it otherwise.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    You can get a replacement US made upper handguard from Ironwood Designs. The problem is that the wood you already have is likely Chu wood which isn't available in the US. They'll have wood that's close, but not exact. Here's a complete set that I purchased from Ironwood along with an original finished Chu wood lower handguard for comparison.

BTW, here's my milled Mak90 as I purchased it.

Feedback Score
    cool....thats 350 dollars i dont have and wouldnt spend tho bro...lol im gonna hold off for the desert fox ar15 adapter.....for the stock....this rifle was traded pretty much for shtf and to use...not for show thanks tho nice rifle