Thread: does this look normal on milled mak 90?...pros please help

Feedback Score

does this look normal on milled mak 90?...pros please help

i recently traded for milled mak 90 i noticed this looks off...looks grinded whene bolt locks up think this is normal?its just below the yellow line
    i didnt fire it yet i dont have a no go gauge to check it...think its ok???20190330_092938.jpg

Feedback Score
    Look at the receiver overall and you'll notice that the machining looks pretty crude. I'm not machining pro, but I'd bet that it was not produced using a CNC machine. Based on the numerous tooling marks on mine, it also appears that they got full use out of their tooling. That said, I've never heard of one not working. That part just seems to be crudely machined. Here are a couple of pictures of mine.

That part simply rotates the bolt as the carrier moves forward. Mine looks pretty crudely machined too. Perhaps yours has not seen as much use as mine. I'm no pro, but I don't see how test shooting it could possibly be a danger. If it does fail to properly rotate the bolt, the rifle simply won't fire. My bet is that it goes bang every time.

Feedback Score
    man bret i just breathed out really deep brother....im being serious....yeah i bet your right im refinishing the wood now it was ugly dark brown i sanded it down by hand to the almost blonde finish heres a pic for you....also i know you wont like it but i have used vht satin on may rifles and thinking of giving this a coat lightly its little beat up even tho it looks like maybe 100 rounds thru it i really want the ar15 buttstock adapter but its not in my budget...thumbhole feels really good tho nice and short20190330_164711(1).jpg