Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
1. Why is it so horrifically expensive, given that it costs about the same as M855 to make?

2. Will the price come down eventually? If so, how long will it take?

3. What is the opinion on this forum of the enhanced performance magazine? Is it really more reliable like the Army says, or complete crap like the Marines say? Or is it no better or worse than previous USGI pattern mags?

4. Re the EPMs, is OKAY still making them, or is Center Industries now the only supplier? I can only find Center Industries EPMs for sale, and would obviously prefer OKAY.

5. Despite being fugly as hell, is it correct to say that the Surefeed E2 is basically a civilian version of the EPM? Better than the EPM? Or am I comparing apples and oranges?
1. Supply < demand . . . simple.

2. If supply => demand, yes .... not anytime soon.

3. I will say that the Army did a comprehensive test of the PMAG.

The PMAG met all requirements except: Rough Handling and Ammunition Compatibility, which were partially met.

Rough handling:
- The loaded magazine remained intact and operational after being dropped from a height of 5 ft individually and while inserted into a weapon at ambient and hot temperatures. In cold temperatures the majority of the magazine’s bottom base plate broke and all the magazine contents fell out in the weapon drop orientation (dropped onto the magazine with the magazine inserted in the weapon).

Ammunition Compatibility:
- The magazine fired 30 rounds each of the following; M193, M856, M995 AP, M855, Mk262 ammunition without magazine related stoppages or malfunctions. When firing M200 blank ammunition; one failure to strip round (FSR) stoppage occurred that was charged to the magazine. When firing M862 SRTA ammunition; there were two failure-to-feed (FFD) stoppages that were charged to the weapon/magazine.

Aluminum magazines meet all requirements.

4. Eventually, all USGI magazine suppliers will make them.

5. The Surefeed design is patented, so, no, it is not exactly the same as the Enhanced Performance Magazine. Better? I haven't tested them so - Idon't know.