View Poll Results: Enhanced Performance Magazines are...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • The best USGI mag ever!

4 26.67%
  • The worst USGI mag ever.

0 0%
  • No better or worse than previous USGI mags.

8 53.33%
  • Okay if you have M855A1, but useless otherwise.

3 20.00%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Questions about M855A1

Feedback Score
    Well, I guess there is someone loading 70gr TSX at 5.56 NATO pressures:

https://www.luckygunner.com/5-56x45m...r-tx-20-rounds

Actually not a bad price if you're looking for it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Good luck on that one. SSA was the only one I recall who ever sold anything resembling the "brown tip" .mil load. Even then you have to pay attention to which "gen" of it you got or the velocities weren't quite up to par with the military stuff. I will look on Gunbroker and see if mil-spec "brown tip" has or is available (now you've got my curiosity piqued!).
    I'm averaging 2783fps for browntip out of my 14.5. Dunno what the civilian stuff is running, but I hear Barnes VorTx is loading a 70gr TSX to similar velocities as browntip.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    It was just an observation about "surplus" ammo availability not being tied to current military production. As I said before, I'm fine with the commercial barrier blind loads available.

Now brown tip? It's time for an intervention. The idea that anything the military uses must be better needs to stop.
    I like it because it's sealed at both ends, reasonably accurate (1.5-2moa from my guns), and is expansion-viable to around 300 yards from a 12.5-14.5" gun. I've found it to be a bit more accurate than the civilian near-clones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Forget M855 It's ****ing garbage and overpriced... inaccurate, horrible chance of fragmentation. It's just ****ing shit. M193 is far more effective on a human target and cheaper.
    Out of a 20’ barrel it is much better. It’s actually pretty effective with velocity behind it.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    What, no Mk318 love?
    I use MK 318 SOST Mod 1. The Marine Corps is still using it and fighting the switch over to 855A1. SOST is as good ballistically as 855a1
    Last edited by indianalex01; 05-19-19 at 17:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    I use MK 318 SOST Mod 1. The Marine Corps is still using it and fighting the switch over to 855A1. SOST is as good ballistically as 855a1
    That is my assumption too. Also why I started this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...k318-or-M855A1
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-19-19 at 18:50.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    If you have to buy your own guns, M855A1 IS NOT for you. excessive wear and tear, especially in short barrels is not worth the cost. Want to ruin a target gun, shoot M855A1. Want man stoppers in 5.56? Mk 262 or Mk 318 SOST. Like many things DoD, once the biggest budget supporter says is the truth. Please don't buy the propaganda. seek and yea shall find the truth. The army has classified some tech info to "prevent threat actors form obtaining an advantage." Like CCP and Russia haven't already obtained factory fresh truck loads. Testing of EPM is what the big money supporters want it to be. In both issues ammo and mags, too much money has been wasted to say it doesn't stand up to real testing. (RE: UCP camo) mags are expendable. Magpul seems to take more punishment

If you really want to spend big bucks on ammo, forget M855A1. buy Mk 262 or 318.

Feedback Score
    yep origional 556 55 gr, 1/12 twist works great many failuers to stop in NVA/VC were directly related to commie chest rigs and the outstanding commie steel mags working as armor

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I'm averaging 2783fps for browntip out of my 14.5. Dunno what the civilian stuff is running, but I hear Barnes VorTx is loading a 70gr TSX to similar velocities as browntip.
    Since someone bumped the thread, I’ll go ahead and confirm that those two loads are equal in velocity.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by XUSMICO View Post
    yep origional 556 55 gr, 1/12 twist works great many failuers to stop in NVA/VC were directly related to commie chest rigs and the outstanding commie steel mags working as armor
    [citation required]

https://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box...-rifle-rounds/

Lessons learned:
    1.AK magazine pouches filled with loaded magazines do not provide any significant protection from rifle fire.
    2.The hit rounds may cook off, but this would not result in any major injuries. Not that it would matter much, as the wearer would already have a large hole through him.
    3.Both the 5.56 and the 7.62 X 39 punch right through these magazines.
    4.Shooting stuff is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by XUSMICO View Post
    If you have to buy your own guns, M855A1 IS NOT for you. excessive wear and tear, especially in short barrels is not worth the cost. Want to ruin a target gun, shoot M855A1. Want man stoppers in 5.56? Mk 262 or Mk 318 SOST. Like many things DoD, once the biggest budget supporter says is the truth. Please don't buy the propaganda. seek and yea shall find the truth. The army has classified some tech info to "prevent threat actors form obtaining an advantage." Like CCP and Russia haven't already obtained factory fresh truck loads. Testing of EPM is what the big money supporters want it to be. In both issues ammo and mags, too much money has been wasted to say it doesn't stand up to real testing. (RE: UCP camo) mags are expendable. Magpul seems to take more punishment

If you really want to spend big bucks on ammo, forget M855A1. buy Mk 262 or 318.
    Already debunked if you bothered to read the thread and other one you bumped.

You sir, seem to be full of s*it.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-23-20 at 12:49.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast