View Poll Results: Enhanced Performance Magazines are...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • The best USGI mag ever!

4 26.67%
  • The worst USGI mag ever.

0 0%
  • No better or worse than previous USGI mags.

8 53.33%
  • Okay if you have M855A1, but useless otherwise.

3 20.00%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about M855A1

Feedback Score
    Or you could stock up on available Mk318 ammunition, which is *supposedly* right up there with M855A1 in effectiveness.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It’s better than 855 but I have no experience with it. I’m just saying not everyone has to deal with dudes coming at them with plate armor and if they do then they need more friends.

If I knew someone thought enough of me to come at me like a ninja turtle then I have a Garand sighted at 300 meters with a cvc bag with of clips with black tip ammo.

I am somehow surviving without 855A1.
    And not just no, but hell no to paying 50 bucks a 20 round stripper clip of stolen military ammo off gunbroker
    I completely agree with you. I'm just happy for the continued incremental improvements with issued equipment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shooting starts @ 6:30

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    The prototypes early on had a tungsten core under the steel penetrator, but that was changed to copper, to improve accuracy and reduce cost. It's just a steel penetrator, like M855, except it's heavier.
    NO.

It had a tin-bismuth core.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

How does it compare to say, Black Hills 77 gr Mk 262 Mod 1? Asking for a friend...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Well I got some depressing news today. Apparently the government holds patents for the EPM and EPR, and they're making manufacturers under contract agree to not sell either one to any non government entities.

So yea, that's what the pentagon thinks about your constitutional rights. Ironic, they use our tax dollars to develop a new round, which they then unconstitutionally deny to the very people who funded its development. By the people and for the people my asss.

So it would seem that supply isn't the problem, which suggests we probably won't ever get much out on the open market. It's in the same boat as SS190 and Mk211. Completely legal, but tightly controlled by the people who have the patents on it, effectively keeping it out of reach.
    Well, around 2025 the patents on M855A1 should run out, but even then, I doubt there will be a big run on it....

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    How does it compare to say, Black Hills 77 gr Mk 262 Mod 1? Asking for a friend...
    Mk262 has a higher BC so for long range precision it has A1 beat. For everything else M855A1 is better.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Comprehensive Test of the Magpul Industries Corp PMAG Gen 3 Magazine (2018)
    Do you have a link to primary source? I would like to read the whole paper. Seems odd that it would pass USMC testing but fail Army testing.

The only primary sources I could find actually showed the Pmag was superior in testing.

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...C+redacted.pdf
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 04-02-19 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Mk262 has a higher BC so for long range precision it has A1 beat. For everything else M855A1 is better.
    Understood and thank you, my friend. Great info.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I wonder if ranger plates would solve the broken floor plates in the Rough Handling tests.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast