Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Anvil Arms Build w/Pics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, it definitely looks great. Do you know what kind of aluminum they use?

Feedback Score
    They use 7075-T6 aluminum. All Mil Spec.
    Last edited by ARKLITE881SOUTH; 11-29-08 at 20:50.

Feedback Score
    Nice build..

I get to pick up an AA built lower tonight.
    I look forward to posting pictures as I get it moving ..

v.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice looking rifle and excellent detailed pictures. Anvil Arms guys are good 2 go. Looking to them for a lower for my first build. I like supporting local guys especially when they have a good product.

Congrats on your rifle.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    Just got my Anvil lower delivered to my local FFL and picked up today, put in the LPK and stock, now trying to decide if it goes under the 16" upper or the ordered 24" upper...............................................................
    Last edited by avmech; 12-12-08 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by avmech View Post
    Just got my Anvil lower delivered to my local FFL and picked up today, put in the LPK and stock, now trying to decide if it goes under the 16" upper or the ordered 24" upper...............................................................

Congrats, I envy your difficult decision!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    I have two AA lowers (one has Grant's LPK in it). Finish is nice, and with the exception of a little too much anodization in the grip screw hole, it went together without problem. Engraving/etching was at no charge too.

I would not pass on one if they become available again.
    Last edited by LonghunterCO; 12-12-08 at 19:36. Reason: to add picture

Feedback Score

Cool

Thats a great set up and nice description with the pictures. Future optics?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ddemis View Post
    Thats a great set up and nice description with the pictures. Future optics?
    You tell me...

1. Aimpoint Comp ML2

2. Eotech 512 RevF

3. S.P.O.T.
    Last edited by zippygaloo; 12-12-08 at 22:23.

Feedback Score
    Excellent pics and write up. I am extremely pleased with my Anvil Arms build. The fit and finish are just superb. I looked at many M4 clones before my AA arrived and there really is no comparison with regards to the overall look of this rifle. Jon seems to be obsessed with synergy - everything just comes together to make one fluid rifle. I had a lot of time to inspect my lower before my upper was done and it's difficult to find a flaw with the forging/machining/workmanship. The only complaint I have about this rifle has nothing to do with Anvil Arms. Jon nicely added a YHM flip-up FSB and I wish I had stayed with a standard front sight base. It's not that it does not work, it's that it's a wobbler and it makes me mildly nuts. I'll likely replace it down the road....I bought this as part of a group buy on NES and my only other complaint was the wait, (it was long). I hope Jon expands his business enough to add staff that are as anal-retentive about quality as he is. There was some frustration with the 200-receiver group buy. I think Jon found out there just isn't enough hours in the day and got swamped - especially with ATF variances, (we had custom serial numbers). As far as the rifle is concerned however - it's beautiful - just beautiful.

For now though, the shooting...I can't shoot this rifle enough. All those months waiting afforded me the time to stockpile mags, ammo and time to load them. I have run everything from soup to bananas through this rifle and it's a laser beam - extremely accurate from 5 to 200 yards. It's as smooth a shooting AR-15 as I've ever fired - runs like a watch. The only hiccups I encountered were with an apparently poor batch of Centurion. Everything else has been fine - this rifle just runs. I turned the 1,200 round corner on Thursday and I think I may clean it tomorrow....

Now with "Obamamania" in full force, I would get Jon going on your rifle ASAP and be up front about your expectations with regard to communication. Hopefully Jon has caught up with things enough to get you a realistic end date for your build, but hell - even the big boys are having trouble doing that. As far as the rifle goes - buy with confidence - Anvil Arms is GTG, (plus their t-shirts actually fit me)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast