Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: US Army Selects B&T

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActivity View Post
    MP7, but I'm assuming 9mm was mandated in the contract.
    9mm was mandated by the contract.

So H&K, FN, and Steyr didn't submit anything because they don't have anything that fills the criteria, unless H&K still makes MP5Ks. Although, from what I gather, this contract is to replace MP5Ks.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I wonder how hard it would be to make a 9mm version of the MP7. It would be a popular pistol on the civ market as well if it didn’t work out with the mil.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    I wonder how hard it would be to make a 9mm version of the MP7. It would be a popular pistol on the civ market as well if it didn’t work out with the mil.
    B&T sort of makes one....it’s the MP9.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    You could make a gun that looked like an MP7 in 9mm, but it wouldn't do the primary thing it was designed to do. You might as well get an UZI, and save a lot of money.

Feedback Score
    I believe an Uzi is a straight blow back weapon while the MP7 is a delayed blow back weapon.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I believe an Uzi is a straight blow back weapon while the MP7 is a delayed blow back weapon.
    The MP7 is gas-operated.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The UZI SMG uses an open bolt straight blowback SMG. Closed bolt Uzi SMG is also a straight blowback operation.

The MP7 uses a gas operated multi lug rotating bolt - essentially a diminutive G36 bolt group, which is itself an AR18 iteration.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 05-07-19 at 20:10.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    The point was that a 9mm MP7 would not do anything worth $1000 over the cost of an Uzi, not that they had the same operating system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    9mm was mandated by the contract.

So H&K, FN, and Steyr didn't submit anything because they don't have anything that fills the criteria, unless H&K still makes MP5Ks. Although, from what I gather, this contract is to replace MP5Ks.
    MP5K's are neat from a nostalgia standpoint. I think this little B&T seems quite nice as long if it proves to work well.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 05-15-19 at 16:18.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast