Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vite D and Suicide

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have read it before. There are some valid points and worthy things to consider, and a whole lot nonsense and poor science. Comments like

"When I spoke with Weller, I made the mistake of characterizing this notion as counterintuitive. “It’s entirely intuitive,” he responded. “Homo sapiens have been around for 200,000 years. Until the industrial revolution, we lived outside. How did we get through the Neolithic Era without sunscreen? Actually, perfectly well. What’s counterintuitive is that dermatologists run around saying, ‘Don’t go outside, you might die.’”

They usually died before 30 at best.

The NO angle is interesting for sure and worthy of further study. Comments about how all supplements tested failed is BS. Plenty of studies out there, some failed to show benefit, some don't, but the author seemed rather biased.

No argument from me people need sunlight.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have read it before. There are some valid points and worthy things to consider, and a whole lot nonsense and poor science. Comments like

"When I spoke with Weller, I made the mistake of characterizing this notion as counterintuitive. “It’s entirely intuitive,” he responded. “Homo sapiens have been around for 200,000 years. Until the industrial revolution, we lived outside. How did we get through the Neolithic Era without sunscreen? Actually, perfectly well. What’s counterintuitive is that dermatologists run around saying, ‘Don’t go outside, you might die.’”

The NO angle is interesting for sure and worthy of further study. Comments about how all supplements tested failed is BS. Plenty of studies out there, some failed to show benefit, some don't, but the author seemed rather biased.

No argument from me people need sunlight.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    He uses common sense which is not too common at all.

Everything else on the planet survives and adapts but man cannot live without drug companies selling him something. OK.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    He uses common sense which is not too common at all.

Everything else on the planet survives and adapts but man cannot live without drug companies selling him something. OK.
    And yet, his "common sense" comment above is wrong... Common sense is great, I try to apply it where ever possible to this topic and have for 3 + decades or so, but it does not replace science.

Shooter example, it's common sense the 5.56 will over penetrate walls and such compared to the 9mm fmj, but that has shown to be false.

Some valid points made, some incorrect statements made. I look forward to seeing the study mentioned in the article coming out shortly it sounds.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Shooter example, it's common sense the 5.56 will over penetrate walls and such compared to the 9mm fmj, but that has shown to be false.
    The problem is if that was a medical study today it would be use 5.56 and not 9mm. In x amount of years it will be no, don't use 5.56, use 9mm. Another x years down the road it will be don't use 5.56 or 9mm, they are both bad. Use this new thing instead. Then down the road they will say people should have been using 5.56 all along.

Science is awesome but there are too many variables to take any of it as dogma.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Living in NE, I really disliked the winters on various levels, and moved to FL a few years ago. Life is way to short for it getting dark at 3;30, weather, etc. I always experienced some SAD, and it only got worse with age. F that.
    Life is too short to sweat my balls off 9 months out of the year.. F that If I look at my lineage back ten generations, not one of my ancestors lived south of 45 * N latitude until my father's parents moved from Canada to California. Most lived north of that. I'm a northern guy and will always be that way.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 04-08-19 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The problem is if that was a medical study today it would be use 5.56 and not 9mm. In x amount of years it will be no, don't use 5.56, use 9mm. Another x years down the road it will be don't use 5.56 or 9mm, they are both bad. Use this new thing instead. Then down the road they will say people should have been using 5.56 all along.
    Not medical study, as I'm talking about walls in houses and such, vs flesh. That fact does not alter much among the SMEs and those who research such topics like Dr Roberts. There are variables for sure, but there's threads here that cover that if interested.

Science is awesome but there are too many variables to take any of it as dogma.
    Science is all about controlling the variables and common sense does not replace science, regardless.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Life is too short to sweat my balls off 9 months out of the year.. F that If I look at my lineage back ten generations, not one of my ancestors lived south of 45 * N latitude until my father's parents moved from Canada to California. Most lived north of that. I'm a northern guy and will always be that way.
    I don't like being hot, but I hate being cold.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score

This is not true. The average age was below 30 due to infant mortality, but those that grew to be adults lived as long as we do today.

A common piece of misinformation that has somehow propagated without being questioned for too long now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    This is not true. The average age was below 30 due to infant mortality, but those that grew to be adults lived as long as we do today.
    Source? Homo sapiens from say 100k - 200k years ago who didn't die at birth lived to an average age of late/mid 70s?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast