Thread: Vortex MRAD reticle in razor spotting scope

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Vortex MRAD reticle in razor spotting scope

I have one of these arriving tomorrow for our shoot this weekend, Vortex MRAD reticle 22X in my razor spotting scope . It only fits the 85mm model of razors. I have wanted a spotting scope with MRAD reticle for years and its finally here. Anyone else got theirs yet, opinions?

I like that its 22X also, 22 is fine for just about everything, I think they nailed it with 22. In the summer we cant have too much power or we cant see jack squat any who.

Range report to follow.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    i own a HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD, i have handling and enjoyed the reticle but not in a spotting scope, would like to read your reviews and live experiences on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    i own a HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD, i have handling and enjoyed the reticle but not in a spotting scope, would like to read your reviews and live experiences on it.
    Keep in mind it's dramatically different than a reticle in your riflescope. The reticle isn't right in the center of your FOV - it's in the lower corner of your FOV so stays out of the way when just glassing but is very useful for spotting and milling.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    Keep in mind it's dramatically different than a reticle in your riflescope. The reticle isn't right in the center of your FOV - it's in the lower corner of your FOV so stays out of the way when just glassing but is very useful for spotting and milling.
    That’s perfect. I’m so pumped. Arriving today.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    You say lower corner, but the pics I was able to find is it is just on bottom third of the glass. Vertical line dead center? Are these old pics?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You say lower corner, but the pics I was able to find is it is just on bottom third of the glass. Vertical line dead center? Are these old pics?

PB
    Son of a B**** totally was thinking of the previous generation reticle eyepiece. This one does indeed have the bottom vertical stadia in the center with a completely open top. Thank you for the correction

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well gents, I popped the new eyepiece on, it was very nice. Glass was great. When you don’t have a variable scope, the glass ( all things being equal) will be clearer or with less aberrations. So our 1300 target was clear even while battling mirage later in day.

Mark called one of my misses and full mil high. Summer time DOPE has us shooting over targets. I thought no way, so I dialed down .5 mils. Missed a half mil, what idiot buys a MRAD eyepiece then doesn’t listen to his spotter.

Anyway, the eyepiece worked great, the nut behind the trigger, not so much.

I will also confirm, 22X is wonderful balance of clarity, power and versatility. For our shooting. If I need more, I always have the big boy. If you have a Razor, this is a nice piece of kit.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-08-19 at 15:36.