Thread: Dual suppressed/unsuppressed use - POI and Gas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    1. Establish zero without can
    2. Add can
    3. Measure POI shift
    4. Adjust reticle to the halfway point of the zero shift
    This.

I have seen from a little over an inch, to almost five inch shits at 100.

Usually in the area around 2ish inches.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That rifle is 6” down and 1” left from unsuppressed zero.

sucks.

I’ve zeroed it slightly low at 100 suppressed to make up for the difference. At 300 it works out because the 55gr flies higher than the 62gr its zeroed for and I can basically use the tip of the chevron at 300 for unsuppressed shooting. The 300y setting is money still however.

Still sucks though.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I was seriously expecting ~3 MOA at the worst. Sorry, duder.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

sucks.

I’ve zeroed it slightly low at 100 suppressed to make up for the difference. At 300 it works out because the 55gr flies higher than the 62gr its zeroed for and I can basically use the tip of the chevron at 300 for unsuppressed shooting. The 300y setting is money still however.

Still sucks though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

sucks.

Still sucks though.
    Wow, that sounds like a LOT if your’re talking 100yds. Are you sure the mount is coencentric? Might be worth putting a rod in to check, if you havent already.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Might check the torque on the mount.

From my experience, if you get a drastic shift in POI with/without the suppressor and it’s not a slight vertical shift, the threads on the barrel need to be re-cut and you need to have the barrel re-crowned. Something is out of alignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Wow, that sounds like a LOT if your’re talking 100yds. Are you sure the mount is coencentric? Might be worth putting a rod in to check, if you havent already.
    Ok so I went back to the range. The first time was with an idiot spotter who didn’t know what he was doing and a 2” shoot n see on a blank target backer. I used my own eyes to spot this time and a grid target.

It’s not nearly as bad as I originally was told, but meh. My groups with wolf gold are pretty wild. I’m ok with 3 MOA at 100 but that’s pushing the limit hard. It looks like a rough shift of 2” left and 2.5” down with the suppressor added.

The bottom left three are with the can.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You need better friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glad to see someone here is out shooting instead of arguing about traffic and seat belts.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Nice setup, Euro! Can you tell about the laser? I've been toying with the idea of getting one for my USAF M4A1 configuration.

I use the Forward Controls ATA turret caps (that I helped design) on my Aimpoint T2 and H2

They allow easy adjustment with a common screw driver, coin or cartridge rim without removing the caps.

Installation is simple. They allow the shooter to count clicks when making adjustments. The photos show the version with the silver discs, but an all black version is also available.
    I saw that thread. I approached it with skepticism and now I’m sold. Unfortunately I no longer use an Aimpoint on any rifle capable of being suppressed so it’s a bit moot. It’d be nice if they made something like that for an ACOG while maintaining water proofness.

The laser is an ATPIAL-C from TNVC. Unless you want to get it for a clone I would go with the DBAL variant. The price is better and IR illumination is better.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If you have a flash hider, could you shim it so you have vertical-only poi shift?
    Is that possible? I wouldn’t mind doing this if it works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast