Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Recommend in a Metal Framed 9mm?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Sig Legion SOA 226. Full sized proven platform metal gun. It is similar to a double stack 1911. But at $1,200 range.
    The trigger is amazing
    Good night sights
    Grip frame just excellent

You don’t need to do anything to gun but feed it. I have been running it at Tues night steel matches. I am really impressed with the gun. It is also made with RDS atop if you fancy that.

Sig took everything anyone would do to improve their existing Sigs and implemented it.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-05-19 at 14:43.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Costa custom carry comp!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    CZ75, then also buy the 22LR Kadet conversion kit for it.
    This. I'm very happy with the CZ75 SP01 I bought recently that I modified with Cajun Gun Works parts, as well as the SP01 Kadet .22LR conversion kit.

Read through this thread here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ut-There/page4

Feedback Score
    If you are going to take the time to remove the magazine disconnect, add sights and thumb safety that a normal human can use and otherwise vet it the BHP is a wonderful carry pistol. BUT it was adopted in 1935 while the CZ75 benefited from another 40 years of gun designers learning what works. I keep picking up CZ75 pistols at the fun store but one still hasn’t followed me home (yet).
    I deeply regret not being able to buy the SIG P226 I carried as a detective when they were sold as surplus. That gun pointed like my finger. That was 30+ rears ago, SIG has had some iffy problems since then...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sig M11-A1... or P229 in my opinion... gives you 15 rounds of 9mm in a nice size for concealed carry

If you want full sized a P226 is a good option as well.. you can find some decent priced used ones around...
    Last edited by pag23; 04-05-19 at 17:01.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    My absolute favorite metal 9mm is the Beretta 92 in whatever flavor you like (I like my B-92G-SD). It is smooth, accurate and eats ammo that leaves striker guns doing tap rack and bang drills. A close second is the CZ SP-01, which isn't quite as smooth, and a tiny bit more ammo sensitive, but a fantastic gun all the same.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    My absolute favorite metal 9mm is the Beretta 92 in whatever flavor you like (I like my B-92G-SD). It is smooth, accurate and eats ammo that leaves striker guns doing tap rack and bang drills. A close second is the CZ SP-01, which isn't quite as smooth, and a tiny bit more ammo sensitive, but a fantastic gun all the same.
    I'll ask you the noob questions since you seem to keep up with this stuff in detail (and I'm too lazy to research it).

How are the issues with the locking block and trigger spring? I know I read up on these but it's been a few years.

If I got a Beretta I'd want the M9 but with removable dovetail sights--which model is that? Is that the 92FS?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I haven't shot a Beretta 92 in years.. but I will second that it was very accurate and had a soft recoil as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I'll ask you the noob questions since you seem to keep up with this stuff in detail (and I'm too lazy to research it).

How are the issues with the locking block and trigger spring? I know I read up on these but it's been a few years.

If I got a Beretta I'd want the M9 but with removable dovetail sights--which model is that? Is that the 92FS?
    You want the LTT if you go with Beretta. Trust me on this. Forget the rest. It has everything you’d want, all the best features of the various models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    STI 2011 or Wilson combat 1911.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast