Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Recommend in a Metal Framed 9mm?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Beat me to it! If S&W brought back some of these 3rd generation classics, they'd make a fortune!
    Not me, brother burned hard by SW with a cracked frame. Best resolution offer was a meh discounted price on a new pistol not at all like his old. (Cheaper, cruder model)

So much better available now, even from SW.

Feedback Score
    I got a CZ 75B SAO six months ago and it is my favorite 9mm.Ive had Glocks,Hi powers and Smiths but the CZ is great.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    CZ, Tristar, Canik, EAA/Tanfoglio all have excellent 9mm steel framed models that have a solid following. The clones have very attractive prices and compare very highly to their higher priced relatives.

Feedback Score
    I haven't read all 9 pages, so this has probably been brought up already. What I carry:
    get me to the nearest gas station
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Feedback Score
    Late to the party, I know, but I've got to jump right on the Beretta wagon. If you want to drop a grand for an awesome pistol out the gate, get a 92 LTT. It's on the short "I want it seriously bad" list.

I picked up a commercial M9 from gunprime.com about a month and a half ago for about $470 to my door from gunprime.com. They don't seem to have them on sale anymore. However, they're on Arms Unlimited for $499. I picked up a D spring and G decocker kit for $55 from Brownell's, took maybe 30 minutes to install both after watching a couple Youtube videos. Thin G10 grips from Langdon Tactical are $75ish shipped. I went a different route, but intend to get a set at some point. It's a very shootable pistol, and I've got less than the price of a 92FS in it.

As much as those couple things do to improve it, I can only imagine how much improved an LTT is...

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Berett...j92m9a0mle.htm

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Snip.
    As much as those couple things do to improve it, I can only imagine how much improved an LTT is...
    Its awesome sauce. I’ll take it over a 1911, SIG, or other 92 anytime.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    P226 or P229 depending on your size preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutt View Post
    I haven't read all 9 pages, so this has probably been brought up already. What I carry:
    get me to the nearest gas station

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Its awesome sauce. I’ll take it over a 1911, SIG, or other 92 anytime.
    You just took me into a blast from the past. I have not seen that phrase used in.... years.

It's all progressive. I'll get there, I'm just not made out of money, and my career choices don't lend to the necessity of buying new fun gun stuff.

Feedback Score
    cz sp-01

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    First I have to disclose that I am a whore for CZ handguns.

But I suggest the SP-01 like many others have.

Berettas always felt like a brick in my hand and Sig has had questionable production and QC lately.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast