Thread: Moses Machine Works magazines in 2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Moses Machine Works magazines in 2019

Curious as to what the concensus is on Moses polymer magazines for FAL and SCAR is. I thought they were out of business, but I see them listed on sale and in stock at DSA.

I seem to remember them having a pretty good reputation four or so years ago.

Thanks!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    The FAL mags have been around for a little while, but I don't think the SCAR mags ever came about, or were scarce if they were. I believe Moses went out of business a few years ago, and appears to still be.

I know one pretty knowedgeable guy with some of their FAL mags, and he seemed to like them quite a bit, FWIW.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    They are out of business, so if they don't work you are screwed, right?

That seems pretty self explanatory to me.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    They are out of business, so if they don't work you are screwed, right?

That seems pretty self explanatory to me.
    AFAIK, IMBEL is the only company still making new (and steel) FAL magazines, but nobody imports them. Which leaves mil-surps. And if they break, you're boned anyway on them - unless you want to repair them yourself. And NOS mil-surps are going for as much as brand new MMWs.

Hell, I spent almost $200 on a grabbag of mil-surp magazines that guys have reported having good luck with - got thirteen magazines. One of them is toast - the body was crushed slightly, so the follower doesn't travel up and down freely (which is too bad, because it's an FN-made magazine). Seven are probably OK (including the other FN-made magazine of the bunch). And only five of them (including the one Israeli magazine of the bunch) look 100%.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I have a few Moses Mags that I use in FALs. They are very good mags. Not sure if DSA is selling old stock or someone is manufacturing these mags again.
    I sincerely hope someone is manufacturing them again... but also hope it is not original Moses Mag guy. A bunch of folks were very unhappy with original Moses Mag guy about 3 years ago. Folks paid for mags they never received. I know this first hand as I had to go to credit card company to get refund after waiting several months. Some said it was due to illness, some said otherwise.

Feedback Score
    I have a few Moses mags, and they are OK. As long as you are shooting fmj they are fine. Anything pointy or BTHP and the round would catch on the front of the mag, dig in and fail to cycle. After my original 6, I went back to surplus and steel DSA magazines. I’ve not had any problems with dsa mags. Though others have reported issues.

He is long out of business, and while Moses was local to the Charlotte area. I could never track him down to find a solution to my mags not working.