Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best bang for the buck Glock mag 9mm carbine

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    The earlier mags were all polymer and didn't always drop free. I'm not sure if the 31's were ever all polymer.

Feedback Score
    I have a Foxtrot Mike FM9 lower w/ a SBA3 pistol brace + a Stern Defense 8.5" 9mm pistol upper and a Foxtrot Mike 9mm bolt and buffer. I have ~1,500 rounds through it so far with zero malfunctions. I'm mostly using Magpul 27rd GL9 PMAG's. I'm very happy with this setup.

I also have a Stern Defense 9mm magwell conversion block and a 10" Stern 9mm upper, bolt, and buffer. I was using this as a 9mm conversion kit for use with my 7.62x39mm AR pistols lower receiver before I purchased the FM9. I have ~1,200 rounds through the Stern Defense 9mm conversion kit with zero malfunctions. I also use the Magpul 27rd GL9 mags with this setup

The LRBHO functions flawlessly on both of these AR9 pistols.

I prefer the Foxtrot Mike lower receiver over the Stern Defense conversion because the mag release is located where it is on a standard AR15 lower. Out of necessity the mag release button is located at the back/right/lower edge of the magwell conversion block. This occasionally has me missing a mag change.
    Last edited by Deaj; 05-18-20 at 01:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Or braced pistol?

I was getting into the AR mag pistol and companion PCC thing long before the great options we have today.

I would like a braced pistol type Glock magazine gun.

I do not like the clamshell type options using a flock frame.

I do not like the keltec.

I would prefer folding brace but would probably be fine with an AR type with just a collapsible brace.

Thanks for any info.
    Get a Stern Defense adapter and use a standard 5.56 lower

Feedback Score
    Big fan of the FM9. I've got approximately 700 rounds through my 7" tri-lug. Impressively accurate, far more so than I expected from a 9mm. Clay pigeons @ 100yds are no problem using a 2moa Romeo5 off a bag w/ a Geissele SSA & 25yrd zero. So looking forward to seeing how it runs w/ the Dead Air Wolfman that's pending.

My only criticism is the oversight of the brass deflector bolt which was finger loose. That said, the machine work of upper & lower is flawless. Superb bang for the buck just be sure to check all screws for tightness & apply loctite to ensure they stay tight.
    Last edited by HDHNTER; 07-01-20 at 23:26.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567