Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best bang for the buck Glock mag 9mm carbine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FM-9

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post
    Does the Foxtrot Mike AR9 have the last round bolt hold open ?
    Sure does. I only have 300 rds thru mine, but most of it was with my standard 15rd mags, and 90 rounds thru the “fun sticks” and it locked back 100%.

These little guns are simply amazing. Mine has earned a solid spot next to my KAC’s in the safe.
    Last edited by boomer223; 07-28-19 at 11:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Best bang for the buck Glock mag 9mm carbine

I’m going with the CMMG Banshee...

While it might not be the best bang for the buck, I’ll pay the difference to lower the weight with the bolt. I have a D/I .45 AR... and when I picked up a similar blowback, I was shocked at the weight difference. Even recoil between them is very noticeable.

Was never a Glock magazine fan... until I found out that CBP is going with 9mm Glocks. Might as well get something that accepts them.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does the Foxtrot Mike FM9 have the last round bolt hold open ? I'm trying to find a rear charging 7" or 8" barrel but the only complete setup is a side charging handle (non-reciprocating)… I'm wondering if it would interfere with a Cloud Defense OWL?
    Not only does it have the LRBHO, everything I've read says it has the best and most reliable LRBHO you can find. You can always get a FM lower and put another upper on that has a traditional charging handle if you want 7 or 8". Someone earlier suggested PSA: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...h-bcg-ch1.html

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    Not only does it have the LRBHO, everything I've read says it has the best and most reliable LRBHO you can find. You can always get a FM lower and put another upper on that has a traditional charging handle if you want 7 or 8". Someone earlier suggested PSA: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...h-bcg-ch1.html
    FM-Products it is!

I got a lower coming from Brownells and a 7” trilug upper coming from Primary Arms. Looking forward to it. If it winds up being too short I can easily grab a longer barreled upper like you suggested.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FM-Products it is!
    Woohoo! Congrats!

I just put another 300 rounds thru mine. That takes me to 600, with zero issues and absolute LRBHO.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0juFZjA...=1jbb6mxwsyb1n

(I’ll replace the IG link with some pics when I get home this evening)

Post up some pics when you get it!
    Last edited by boomer223; 07-31-19 at 12:18.

Feedback Score
    Congrats. The FM is a great option. Great bang for the buck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just received my FM9 from Primary Arms.

Very well constructed, billet upper and lower. Better quality than I was expecting from a relatively inexpensive piece. Stock trigger is not good, but that is easy to replace.

Put 300 rds through it first day, about half was 115 grain cheap Federal alum. case stuff with the other half 135gr reloads. No issues.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoe View Post
    Just received my FM9 from Primary Arms.

Very well constructed, billet upper and lower. Better quality than I was expecting from a relatively inexpensive piece. Stock trigger is not good, but that is easy to replace.

Put 300 rds through it first day, about half was 115 grain cheap Federal alum. case stuff with the other half 135gr reloads. No issues.
    Glad you like it. Mine actually arrived last week but we ran in to a small issue.

I go to my FFL and try to mate the upper and lower. Pivot pin is stiff but goes in fine. Take down pin won't go all the way through. Upon further inspection by FFL and I, turns out there is a small pin or detent of some kind in the lower receiver sticking up just high enough that it obstructs the path of the take down pin. FFL plays with it a bit and says we could file it down, but suggests sending it back as this is a quality control issue on their end.

Fortunately, we had not completed the transfer paperwork. I called Primary Arms right there and they said they would help. Replacement is on the way and hopefully arrives Friday or Monday.

Feedback Score
    Freedom Ordinance FX-9?

Feedback Score
    Just picked this up last week. 45ACP Big brother to the longer 9mm I got last month. The FM9 shoots great and functions flawlessly. I expect the same from the 45. I still like my New Frontier that I built a couple years ago but the LRBHO on the FMs is nice.

IMG_0860.jpg IMG_0859.jpg
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast