Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Best bang for the buck Glock mag 9mm carbine

Feedback Score
    I would add to the fans of FM brand. The lrbho is a feature that is great for avoiding muscle memory issues transitioning to when a gun doesn't have it. That the customer service is amazing is enough reason for a lot of people.

Feedback Score
    Ruger now has a tactical version of their 9mm PCC carbine. It has an AR style pistol grip and adjustable stock. It will take Ruger mags or Glock mags. MSRP is $799.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMann View Post
    Ruger now has a tactical version of their 9mm PCC carbine. It has an AR style pistol grip and adjustable stock. It will take Ruger mags or Glock mags. MSRP is $799.
    Just finished mine today. I bought the MI AR adjustable butt stock style chassis from Midway USA($179.99 plus shipping)and it arrived today, the MI M-Lok fore stock from Brownells($150.00 Shipped)arrived last Monday. I bought the Ruger PCC-9 from PSA back in early March for $449.00 delivered to my FFL. I am really liking mine and it will be very popular at the range, it could be a decent HD carbine with the right training I suppose. I'll be getting another in Ruger's Copper Mica and leave it be. other than a RDS and sling. BTW swapping out stocks and adding pistol grip is so easy I did it the proper way the first time.PCC_9.jpg
    Last edited by 10MMGary; 10-25-19 at 21:43. Reason: added photo
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleducky View Post
    People seem to really like the ruger pcc. PSAalso seems to have good value for the money, but it seems that they quality can be hit or miss. I think both options can be had for ~$500.
    I have a Ruger PCC carbine and it is a trunk or travel gun. I have a Sig MPX and it is a great gun but on the expensive side. I have the newer model that was upgraded in 2018. If you have a gen 1 you will probably want to replace the trigger.

Feedback Score
    I built my last PCC (which was an SBR) using the Spike Tactical 9MM receiver for Glock mags. It runs flawless mated with a PSA 10.5 MLOK upper. Total cost was about $600 when all parts are added up.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone with the PSA lowers have issues with Glock factory mags failing to drop free (even when empty)?

I have some of the older 31 round Glock magazines that will not drop free. I have several of the ETS mags as well, and those all drop free.

Is it possibly just a matter of replacing the plastic stock mag release with one of the billit aluminum ones?

Along the same lines, has one put a magwell on their PSA lower.

I built mine as an SBR with an aero precision upper and TROS 5” three lug barrel and have up to this point run it strictly suppressed. I have the suppresser running under the Midwest Industries handguard so I can’t run it without the suppressor. I have the older Hiperfire 24C trigger, which combined with Kaw Valley spring and buffer has run flawlessly suppressed.

Anyway, long story long, I was hopping to get that Foxtrot Mike 16” side charging upper and slap it on the on the PSA lower along with a Holosun optic and try running it in USPSA PCC. But if I can’t get the mags to drop free, that might be tough to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    Does anyone with the PSA lowers have issues with Glock factory mags failing to drop free (even when empty)?

I have some of the older 31 round Glock magazines that will not drop free. I have several of the ETS mags as well, and those all drop free.

Is it possibly just a matter of replacing the plastic stock mag release with one of the billit aluminum ones?

Along the same lines, has one put a magwell on their PSA lower.

I built mine as an SBR with an aero precision upper and TROS 5” three lug barrel and have up to this point run it strictly suppressed. I have the suppresser running under the Midwest Industries handguard so I can’t run it without the suppressor. I have the older Hiperfire 24C trigger, which combined with Kaw Valley spring and buffer has run flawlessly suppressed.

Anyway, long story long, I was hopping to get that Foxtrot Mike 16” side charging upper and slap it on the on the PSA lower along with a Holosun optic and try running it in USPSA PCC. But if I can’t get the mags to drop free, that might be tough to do.

I will ask as the pure polymer mags of Gen 1's, and maybe Gen 2's weren't steel lined, and came as a 31rd? I have to different PSA 9mm lowers and everything I put in there drops free except for the POS Korean drum I got from Rural King. Very snug in my Gen4 Glocks. Never tried, or loaded the stupid things yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I will ask as the pure polymer mags of Gen 1's, and maybe Gen 2's weren't steel lined, and came as a 31rd? I have to different PSA 9mm lowers and everything I put in there drops free except for the POS Korean drum I got from Rural King. Very snug in my Gen4 Glocks. Never tried, or loaded the stupid things yet.
    I didn’t realize the old 31 round mags were built differently. But now that you say it, the do have a very different feel too them. They feel “thick”.

I was planning on picking up some of the newer 33 round mags anyway to put Taylor Freelance extensions on.

Thank you

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    I didn’t realize the old 31 round mags were built differently. But now that you say it, the do have a very different feel too them. They feel “thick”.

I was planning on picking up some of the newer 33 round mags anyway to put Taylor Freelance extensions on.

Thank you

I was actually asking as my history with Glocks doesn't go back that far. If they are metal lined you can see it through the tiny windows on the back side.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I was actually asking as my history with Glocks doesn't go back that far. If they are metal lined you can see it through the tiny windows on the back side.
    They are steel lined. I just checked. They have the same followers and look of my Gen 3 mags. I’ll try a couple of the new mags and swap out the mag release.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast