Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RA9SXTC/T-Series Ammo

Feedback Score

Question RA9SXTC/T-Series Ammo

I usually buy my bulk ammo from SGAMMO. While on there just recently I picked up a few boxes of some 9mm JHP.
    Winchester Ranger 147 gr. T-Series RA9SXTC
    They look exactly like the old Black Talon, less the black Lubalox coating. Does anyone here have any knowledge about this ammo? Also, what does the "C" represent (RA9SXT"C")?
    In the pic below you can see they look exactly like the Black Talon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    This is one of the two RA9T rounds that I carry and it is awesome. Does really well in ballistic gel and the expansion is just flat out nasty. I also run the 127 gr. +P+. I believe the "C" is for coated and yes, this is the next generation Black Talon. http://www.winchesterle.com/Products...ages/RA9T.aspx
    Last edited by drtywk; 04-06-19 at 10:43.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    This is one of the two RA9T rounds that I carry and it is awesome. Does really well in ballistic gel and the expansion is just flat out nasty. I also run the 127 gr. +P+. I believe the "C" is for coated and yes, this is the next generation Black Talon. http://www.winchesterle.com/Products...ages/RA9T.aspx
    I looked up the RA9T, and you're right. They do expand well, especially with those nasty talons. I better go buy some more of this ammo before they sell out!
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    RA9T is good stuff. It's on Doc GKRs list, and it's what we run. Whatever version of that it is, should be good to go.

Feedback Score
    So, I guess the real question is whether or not this RA9SXTC is truly the same thing as RA9T? It is a notably different product code. Possible that it’s just the civilianized (de-talonized) version like the PDX-1/Defender series?

Tim

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmundsauer View Post
    So, I guess the real question is whether or not this RA9SXTC is truly the same thing as RA9T? It is a notably different product code. Possible that it’s just the civilianized (de-talonized) version like the PDX-1/Defender series?

Tim
    According to SGAMMO, Winchester had a contract to make it for a foreign government. So, it can't be civilian ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    According to SGAMMO, Winchester had a contract to make it for a foreign government. So, it can't be civilian ammo.
    Winchester has fulfilled LE orders with the civilian (non-talon) version of the SXT before. Some agencies don't want the talon.

If this in fact the talon version then why isn't the product code simply RA9T? What's RA9SXTC? It could be. I just haven't read anything to 100% confirm that it is the talon version.

Tim

Feedback Score
    Winchester has fulfilled LE orders with the civilian (non-talon) version of the SXT before. Some agencies don't want the talon.

If this in fact the talon version then why isn't the product code simply RA9T? What's RA9SXTC? It could be. I just haven't read anything to 100% confirm that it is the talon version.

Tim
    I shot some of it into water jugs and some fleece in a water tub. The talons were out and they were VERY SHARP! I should have taken some pics of them. I will be shooting again this weekend. I will DEFINITELY take pics then!

Feedback Score
    I'd call that 100% confirmation. Thx!

Tim

Feedback Score
    I'd call that 100% confirmation. Thx!

Tim
    Tim, TRUST ME, these are the REAL DEAL!
    I was shooting at my cousins house Saturday. I called him awhile ago to ask where the bullets were, but he's working out of state this week. But Tim, I'm telling you, those Talons are SHARP!
    Are you buying some?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast