Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best mini RDS for a pistol?

Feedback Score

Best mini RDS for a pistol?

I have only been experimenting with RDS for a pistol for a couple of years.
    The first two were designs not optimized for it, and I was using FF2s.

Those are no prizes, you have to take them off to change a battery.

I got a FF3 - which I still don’t find optimal because it goes off after a while when left on, and it has no draw/shake awake type feature. I don’t recall battery life.

I snagged a new gen 5 G19 MOS, to go with the plethora of gen2 19s and cut down 17s and first batch gen “2.5” G26 I have.

I threw on SH sights I can use for backup, had them dialed in nice. Put on my FF3 and it was near perfect without any adjustments. Then I started having issues with it shutting off during firing.

This is the kind of problem you are supposed to have with 50$ Chinese gun show RDS.

What is the consensus on current durable, non malfunctioning, great battery life, no button to push carry mini RDS at this time.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Deltapoint Pro and RMR are the go-tos for the pros. The RMR in particularly having recently gotten a SOCOM contract for pistol-mounted red dots.

I'm personally waiting for the Acro, I suspect it will largely render the DPP and RMR obsolescent.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Some people are fine with the DPP but the RMR is typically the only one that is not debated. Pretty sure there are plenty of recent posts on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    RMR is the standard for a duty use gun.

Delta point pro offers a little less durability from what I have seen but larger window. One of the issues with it is it doesn't work well in rain the way the emmiter is set up according to Chuck Pressburg.

If you want to be any cheaper than that the Holosun 507c for $300 (less soon sale) seems to get good feedback

Check out Sage Dynamics YouTube channel. He had reviews on almost all of the pistol RDS
    Last edited by everready73; 04-07-19 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Bought a CZ P10F just to put the ACRO on. Waiting...patiently....
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Rmr for carry. Durable, good in rain, small.
    Im debating between another rmr ir a dpp for a competition gun myself.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you can be just a bit patient the Aimpoint ACRO P-1 will be available very soon. It was made from the ground up to be a slide mounted pistol optic and is the first optic that has been designed that way. It answers all the short comings of existing optics used for pistols IE: it has a closed emitter so no more water or dust/dirt blocking the emitter, it's waterproof to 25 meters, one year battery life and the battery can be changed without removing the optic from the gun so no loss of zero. These features along with Aimpoint's known dedication to quality should prove to be a winner.

Full disclosure, I work for Aimpoint as a Pro Staff member.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    If you can be just a bit patient the Aimpoint ACRO P-1 will be available very soon. It was made from the ground up to be a slide mounted pistol optic and is the first optic that has been designed that way. It answers all the short comings of existing optics used for pistols IE: it has a closed emitter so no more water or dust/dirt blocking the emitter, it's waterproof to 25 meters, one year battery life and the battery can be changed without removing the optic from the gun so no loss of zero. These features along with Aimpoint's known dedication to quality should prove to be a winner.

Full disclosure, I work for Aimpoint as a Pro Staff member.
    Hook me up with an ACRO

Please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Right now? RMR hands down. Future? The ACRO may set the standard. Time will tell.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aaron Cowan's paper on MRDS on pistols is a good read. Unfortunately his T&E was done prior to the Aimpoint being out.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast