Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best mini RDS for a pistol?

Feedback Score
    I am also awaiting the Aimpoint ACRO P-1, I plan to have one of the slides for my VP9 milled to mount it if possible. Probably do the long slide first, since it is proving to be quite accurate and it conceals just as well in my PHLster Floodlight holster as the stock length slide.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    They might be out there somewhere. A guy running in front of me at rockcastle run and gun had the new aimpoint on his glock. I found his rubber sight cover on the barb wire crawl obsticle. Didn't get a chance to look at it closely or ask him much about it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
    Aaron Cowan's paper on MRDS on pistols is a good read. Unfortunately his T&E was done prior to the Aimpoint being out.
    This is a living document though so it will be changed/updated when he get an ACRO

Feedback Score
    Just to echo what everyone else has said. The RMR is the standard right now. The leupold has a decent runner up.

The ACRO is supposed to be the end all be all for RDS for pistols.

Does anyone know if the ACRO will mount to an RMR cut or does the slide have to be specifically milled for the ACRO?

Feedback Score
    I have an RMR 2 on a Gen 5 MOS. I have a little over 1,000 rounds through it. I really like it. I am planning on having my Gen 4 20 milled for an ACRO sometime this summer, depending on availability. I want it for the coming hunting season. I will feel better having an enclosed sight. I guess I will find out how it holds up to full power 10mm.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Just to echo what everyone else has said. The RMR is the standard right now. The leupold has a decent runner up.

The ACRO is supposed to be the end all be all for RDS for pistols.

Does anyone know if the ACRO will mount to an RMR cut or does the slide have to be specifically milled for the ACRO?
    Different footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Different footprint.

Agency Arms makes an ACRO plate where you can put the rear site in the back or front of the RDS. Aaron Cowan just got an ACRO in and will probably have a review up before to long. He has a few posts on instagram with it

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    If I got into a pistol mounted RDS today, the new Aimpoint ACRO would be the only one that I would even consider, just because of it’s closed emitter.
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-01-19 at 05:48.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Its optic window is about 70% of RMR's, and it is nearly twice bigger by volume. For a concealed carry optic, somebody needs to do a lot of convincing why I would even consider it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Different footprint.

How interchangeable are the RDS on the market? So if I have a Sig gun with Sig RDS, can I buy the new Aimpoint or RMR and rock on or do I have footprint problems?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast