Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best mini RDS for a pistol?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    KE Arms has an RMR to ACRO adapter plate in the works.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    How are you liking your long slide? Mine seems to be a very good shooter.
    I have one with the DP Pro and just the OEM sights.

For iron sight use, the extra sight radius is a benefit to me, especially on low prob shots. When I did slow motion video, the long slide jumps around a lot more than the regular VP9 slide, although I don’t really notice it shooting. At least so far, the long slide needs higher power factor ammo to run reliably. Also, it isn’t legal yet for CO and Production which limits my use of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those who have actually used the Acro, is the dot too large for relatively quick head shots at 25yds or farther?

jpgm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    For those who have actually used the Acro, is the dot too large for relatively quick head shots at 25yds or farther?

jpgm
    Your question as posed, is difficult to answer, as I think of the “quick” part being a function of trigger control, and “farther” is hard to define. The Acro spec sheet lists the dot as 3.5 moa, so you can calculate how much of the target the dot will cover at whatever distance. I shot groups at 20 yards, not 25, during my first range session with the Acro, and shooting head size targets at 25 yards is not limited by the optic.

Feedback Score
    Deleted.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Now? RMR.

Next year? Maybe the Acro, but it's too new to know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have one with the DP Pro and just the OEM sights.

For iron sight use, the extra sight radius is a benefit to me, especially on low prob shots. When I did slow motion video, the long slide jumps around a lot more than the regular VP9 slide, although I don’t really notice it shooting. At least so far, the long slide needs higher power factor ammo to run reliably. Also, it isn’t legal yet for CO and Production which limits my use of it.
    Kind of mirrors my observations so far on recoil characteristics and how flat the slide runs during recoil. I also noticed that the recoil spring is stouter than my well broken in spring on my original slide, lightly loaded ammo results in spent brass making it only about 2-3ft from me... 100% reliable though so HK got it sprung just to the cusp of not working. I’m not a talented enough shooter on speed events to notice a performance difference between how the two slides run as far as a difference in split times vs on target results.

Iron sights on the L are a big improvement over the stock tritium units on my stock slide from a sight picture standpoint. I am also a big fan of adjustable sights.

Mechanical accuracy with all the ammo I have tried back to back has shown the L is noticeably more accurate. I credit the barrel fitting. Wish HK offered a variant of the standard slide with the match fit barrel with fitted muzzle area, O ring, and fitted barrel hood.

After playing with my brother’s G19 Gen 5 MOS with an RMR I am looking forward to applying a dot to my VP9. Mechanical accuracy was better with iron sights on both of my slides vs his G19, but the G19 with RMR was still easier to shoot consistently due to the superior sight picture a dot provides. Kind on an eye opener to be honest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post

jpgm
    The 3.25 MOA dot is a common size in other dot sights. My RMR RM01 runs a 3.25 MOA dot, in theory at 25 yards it covers less than 1” of the target (.825” to be exact), so unless you’re trying to line break a 1” paster in the head box at 25 yards I doubt it will be too big. When the dot is really bright it might be slightly larger than the nominal 3.25 MOA but it’s not going to be blotting out a head box at 25 yards. Hasn’t been an issue for me, I use that RMR on a hunting revolver and it makes hitting out to 100 yards pretty easy when I’m shooting that cannon on the regular.

Now if you have severe astigmatism issues or other problems making a out a clean dot, you may run into issues but I cannot speak to those from experience.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 04-22-19 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Hey guys good info! I am looking at mounting an RMR/ACRO on my CZ P-07 and just have a few questions. Looks like the 3.25 MOA is the RMR to get ? Are there other options or benefits to a certain Model of the Trijicon? I know its NEW but I am looking @ the ACRO also, depending on which Model you get (RMR) the ACRO is in the ball park of the RMR or its about $100 bucks more ! Money or price difference is not a problem between either one,,not cuz I have money but because I have been saving for the project for awhile ! As stated the RMR is the go to king at the moment it seems but it looks like the Aimpoint could be next in line. Any thoughts or imput is appreciated. The 07 is my main EDC and I shoot it 99% of the time for general shooting/training/competion. Figured I would add that in case someone asks what my main use for the gun will be. I also am looking at buying another complete slide for the 07,there are a couple for sale out there that I have found,so I can always switch back and forth if I deside. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I have decided to hold off on the ACRO for a while.
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-01-19 at 05:54.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast