Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
I have both and honestly, The MWS is a much better weapon.

Theoretically speaking the Scar H can be ultimately lighter than the MWS, but once one begins to bring the Scar out of the early 2000's there really is not much weight difference between the two. With the light weight barrel, there is about a 6oz difference between the two rifles.

The MWS is More accurate, has a smoother recoil impulse, use the most common 308 mag, has factory multi-cal support for approximately half the price of the cost of a replacement 308 Scar barrel, is more suppressor friendly in spite of its over gassing.

The Scar in stock form is lighter, but has a sharper recoil impulse, has a rough trigger, and comes with a who host off issues that range from wrecking optics to grenading bolt carriers while suppressed in spite of the weapon having a "suppressed" setting on its adjustable gas block.

Both are incredibly reliable weapons. unfortunately Running a can requires aftermarket support for the FN and even so, people have destroyed carriers while suppressed If the Scar was priced the same as the Berretta ARX or the CZ Bren, I would be totally fine with all its short comings but for a 3k buy in price it does nothing for me

This pretty much sums up my feelings about my SCAR17 as well. Thing is, I don't have the MWS to compare it to but my MR762 is far far more accurate and overall better built.

However, I don't use ether very much for hunting. I have a lighter 450BM that I use now as my go to hunting AR.

If you're just sitting in a deer blind the heavier MWS is probably a better option. If you're humping it around, the SCAR with a light scope is likely going to be easier to hump.