Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: best handguns under the harshest weather ?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Okay, I'm dying to know how you caught him. IP address gave away his location?
    Nope. It was the phone call from area code 719, asking me to help him move 452 millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    for real? like as in from actual Nigeria?

Yup. Actually, Lagos is the actual capital of the actual country of Nigeria.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Doubtful.

1.This place isn't really into those type of rifles so it wouldn't matter how long he's here for. An AK related forum would be have a better chance of sale
    2. You're smart enough to get around forums but dumb enough not to know how to find out current market value?
    2a. If you need to sell fast usually you say so.
    3. Low post count. Just enough to be able to post for sale. Typically means you're trying to make money, whether just price gouging or flat out scamming.

That rifle by it's self is about $1300 - $1500 Mags are $50+ each last time I checked, probably more now (EDIT just checked, $80). Let's assume one comes with the gun, that's 3 extra at another $240 The scope is a few hundred. So by now you're close to $2000. If you need money that fast that you're willing to take almost 50% off just take it to a gun store!
    Ahh... Outrageously too good to be true. Ok, now I get it. Thanks for your forbearance...
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Nope. It was the phone call from area code 719, asking me to help him move 452 millions of dollars.

Yup. Actually, Lagos is the actual capital of the actual country of Nigeria.
    I have to observe that, as I'm using a VPN, my current IP probably shows as in Israel. But I assure you I am not in Israel. Why am I doing this? It's related to Netflix...
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    I’ve hunted in Alaska with my Freedom Arms 454 Casull. I use wc light oil after a thorough cleaning. Never failed. I’ve had some Mauser based custom rifles that were darn finicky. That cold in a couple of them was bad. The light oil helped a lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I was a scammer in the severe weather of Nigeria I would still recommend Glocks!! I really like that I can carry my G27 or G23 (yes I love my .40s and I’m fine with that ) in the PNW woods and pouring rain or in super hot desert and not worry one whit about my gun’s exposure. I clean and lube it every year whether needed or not (JK!).

Surprisingly my basic stainless Springfield Armory 1911 has been just as reliable and exposure resistant in harsh heat and powder fine dust or freezing rain. I read a lot of problems about basic SA 1911s, but I am lucky that mine is totally reliable with a variety of ammo and mags (SA, McCormick, Wilson). If it was a bit lighter I might carry it again.

Is there like one super persistent Nigerian scammer or do they have a B.S. degree in scamming at the Lagos University?? Amazing market niche...
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I now pontificate Nigerian Scammer EDC.

Probably a Makarov from China.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    So, let me get this straight--you had a chance to get your hands on a substantial payout for helping this guy move or hide millions of dollars and you turned it down?

Didn't he seem trustworthy to you?

What is the world coming to?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Lubricant choice is the most important thing to consider after gun choice.

I'd personally bring a G19X. The features which keep sand/dirt out of it + being a Glock makes for a decent choice.
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 04-14-19 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    I have Glocks, HKs, and stainless steel revolvers.

For wilderness/hunting, I choose Glocks. In the event that I actually have to perform a detailed disassembly in the field, a Glock is by far the easiest. I normally choose my Gen4 G22 or Gen 3 G21.

My HK's are exceptionally well built and reliable (and exceptionally accurate). But anything more than field-stripping requires an administrative environment with good lighting, specific tools, and a detailed manual.

My Ruger revolvers are excellent (the stainless ones are my Security Six and Blackhawk), but for heavy weather/adverse climate conditions the Glock trumps, and is significantly lighter, and with larger on-board capacity,

Best, Jon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345