Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ OWB holster

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Walther PPQ OWB holster

Any good experiences/recommendation? I’ve been looking at the Garrett Silent Thunder OWB and HolsterCo’s Duty/Competition.

Use would mainly be for a pistol class and maybe some competition in the future. I do not carry for a living.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No PPQ, but I like the Safariland 7ts with ALS for carry and 3 gun matches. Not something I had happen prior to using the locking holster, but the prevention of getting the pistol jerked out of the holster(and DQ'd) by barricades or gear is a worthy consideration.

Feedback Score
    I carry mine in a High Noon Holsters slide guard. I got one that is horse hide lined to protect from sweat. I feel it a great holster, well crafted, excellent weapon fit and comfortable.

Feedback Score
    John at NTAC Holsters made me a Kydex IWB holster for my PPQ that's awesome! Fit and finish are superb and I had it in 90 minutes..

Feedback Score
    I have a couple of Garretts (PPQ and PPQ45) and you cannot go wrong with Garrett.

Feedback Score
    RedX gear looks to have some decent options. Looked into them for a Canik TP9SFX holster and they have stuff for the PPQ as well. A guy on the canik forum has a code TMORGAN15 for 15% off. There are a few guys that do competitions in that group that use these and like them

https://redxgear.com/products/xpert-...=3054170472488 there are other options as well

Feedback Score
    Also the Safariland 578 GLS would be a good option. Thats what i ended up getting. It fits over like 220 guns and has a good retention system. Not really considered level 2, but better than just a kydex click retention.

Says teh compact version of the 578 fits it according to their chart, but standard and long would probably work fine as well

https://www.safariland.com/on/demand..._6-20-2017.pdf

I added a Frank Proctor Holster Hanger by ready holsters to add a little bit off drop and offset. It is working great for my needs of training/range and maybe some competition down the line.

https://frankproctorperformancegear....eady-tactical/

I got the Proctor one because of 1.5'' belt but Safariland UBL Mid or low drop would work as well if larger belt. Standard attachment is paddle or belt loop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Any good experiences/recommendation? I’ve been looking at the Garrett Silent Thunder OWB and HolsterCo’s Duty/Competition.

Use would mainly be for a pistol class and maybe some competition in the future. I do not carry for a living.
    I have a PPQ M2 that I got a Comp-Tac Gladiator holster for that's been wonderful. However, Comp-Tac no longer makes the Gladiator for any weapon. Mine was one of the last they made. However, there is another holster I've been using for a Sig P229 w/rail that should do the trick for you. It made by Black Arch and it's their Protos-M OWB model. It's a leather/kydex hybrid that's been just the ticket for lugging around a fairly heavy pistol. If you try one, I think you'll really like it. It's very well-made, with plenty of retention but still easy to draw from.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard for my PPQ. I've tried various kydex OWB solutions but they are just too uncomfortable.

Feedback Score
    I've been using Bravo Concealment for as long as I can remember. I don't think a $6 piece of Kydex should cost as much as some of these vendors are asking. I've had one of their PPQ holsters since 2013 or 14 and it's been great retention-wise. I've also got a light bearing holster and a Torsion for a Glock 17 that are great as well. They don't have a lot of "custom" options, per se, but they offer a lot of accessories and bundle deals for a decent price.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/col...x-gun-holsters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast