Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther PPQ OWB holster

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Updating for anyone else’s benefit.

I’m still exploring options here, as I wouldn’t say I’ve “found what I’m looking for.”

Purchased:

1. Safariland 7TS style ALS for PPQ M2 - I removed from the paddle and installed a QLS fork. I mounted the QLS receiver on on the belt height mount that also came with the holster. This is OK. As noted in my original post, I don’t actually open carry, so this has simply stayed “available” for me to use if I ever choose. I also got a BFG war belt and installed another QLS receiver on a UBL mid/low mount. The holster retention is cool. Sold me on Safariland, but this was bulky even before using the QLS items.

2. Dara Holster’s Light nestling (edit: “bearing”) Level II Duty holster. Saw this linked by Walther on Instagram. The delay for it to be made wasn’t too bad. I’ve received, mounted on a belt, and practiced the draw a little. It works well with the old “hood” style. Positive: looks like tons of adjustments on this thing. I’m not sharp enough to start moving cant around yet, but the option is there. Also, it is a decent price at $130 (relatively speaking), and it includes a thigh strap.
    This seems like a nice holster, but as noted, I’m definitely in the “learner” demographic. It does sit well off the hip, based on the design, though. This could not even be considered for any sort of non-duty or non-gaming carry. It is not a small footprint. I may throw this up on the EE eventually because...

3. Based on a recommendation on P&S, I picked up not one, but two Safariland 6354DO for Glock 34/35. It allows for a light, just like the Dara, but... It will allow me to switch between my 5” and 4” with either TLR or X300V. Also, both purchased with QLS forks mounted by Safariland. The kicker: Some modification needs to be done. Someone on the P&S FB group (before I turned off FB) volunteered to do the mods, as he has done prior. Taking a risk here, but the flexibility this would allow is worth it. The biggest deal here is the wait time if not in stock. I wasn’t paying close attention to this and ordered one from two different vendors. One had zero communication on order/shipping, so I just accepted both when they came in. But we’re talking about two months.

The question about “what is best” or “what I keep” is going to depend on the functionality of the 6354DO’s. If good, they do not seem to be any bulkier than the Dara. I ordered a GBB PPQ M2 for practice at home, so that will also need a holster. Regardless, I am set for Level 2 retention holsters. I expect to pick up a third PPQ at some point, so even if the 6354DO win out, I may keep the Dara. We’ll see.
    I still would consider something much more slimline for general semi-concealed carry (high, tight OWB), and haven’t found exactly what I like yet. Actually considering a Desantis or similar.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 07-13-20 at 23:36.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Also, since I don’t remember where I actually read this...

The P320 adaptor for the TLR-* series brings the light right where it needs to be for the PPQ. I had an older TLR, contacted Walther, and they sent me an entire adaptor kit for free.
    The pulls the light back up a noticeable amount from the bottom of the Dara Holster, where before using the original mount, it sat perfectly at the bottom of the holster. The Dara still works fine.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12