Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion triggers

Feedback Score
    Okay, the parts showed up today. The online instructions were uncommon clear. That's the good news. The bad news was installing the trigger spring turned into an afternoon-long struggle to capture the new trigger spring. It powers the trigger and the firing pin block, and didn't want to stay in position until the hammer pin was installed.
    The CZ is really some pretty crude ironmongery inside, the stamped trigger pack in particular. The machined (or MIM?) parts seem nicely made.
    That said, it's in and it works. Trigger is down from 9lbs to 5.7 with my spring gauge; there's lots of movement, and it is reminiscent of a striker trigger. Still, it's hard to beat for the money.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I contacted HB parts about my issues with installing the springs; the promptly and courteously sent me another set. Great CS!
    Moon

Feedback Score
    As a follow-on, I ended up with a second trigger pack for the Scorp (long story), and installed the second spring set. This one went in far easier, and the trigger (luck of the draw) better. It's more reminiscent of a two stage trigger, tho not a Geissele.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I did the HB trigger spring kit last week. About half the pull weight is great. The install took a long time compared to an AR upgrade. A lot more steps. But the videos make the operation clear. The biggest lesson learned is to file a groove in the end of the stick/rod used to hold the spring down during re-assembly. It’s a cuss-invoking 3-hand operation.

The HB Theta extended charging handle is an even more appreciated upgrade IMO. The extra finger pulling that heavy spring makes all the difference.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    I didn't mod anything, but the trigger spring in the first installation wouldn't stay far enough from the trigger-group wall, and I put a washer on the trigger pin. You're right the AR is bunches easier.
    The AR is also much more elegant gunmaking, and there's some question about how precisely the trigger group is made. Too, the original hammer ended pretty chewed ('normal' according to CZ). Since receiving the replacement (the welded screw business), I've slightly smoothed/rounded the bolt where it rides on the hammer. The current hammer isn't showing damage, and the bolt is easier to cycle.
    Whatever it lacks in precision, the Czechs use it as a buzz gun, so it's doubtful we can harm it much as a semi-auto. The grease gun wasn't a thing of beauty either.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    +1 for the HB spring mod. World of difference on my trigger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    I did the HB trigger spring kit last week. About half the pull weight is great. The install took a long time compared to an AR upgrade. A lot more steps. But the videos make the operation clear. The biggest lesson learned is to file a groove in the end of the stick/rod used to hold the spring down during re-assembly. It’s a cuss-invoking 3-hand operation.

The HB Theta extended charging handle is an even more appreciated upgrade IMO. The extra finger pulling that heavy spring makes all the difference.
    Reread your post, and you actually did what I did with the second set of springs. I ground a screwdriver just the right width to fit in and press down on the spring. Three hands would help.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    +1 for the HB spring mod. World of difference on my trigger
    100% agree!

Feedback Score
    BTW, was sniping clay birds on a berm 65 yds away, from an impromptu sitting position, with the Scorp. Sig Romeo red dot optic, and no more worn out trigger finger. It does have a bump when fired, from the bolt reaching the end of its travel. I have the tapered, factory folding stock; if you climb the stock, the ramped part leading to the receiver will whack your cheek. Works much better run out one click; keeps your face away from the ramp..
    Great little gun.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Everybody should get the HB spring kit! So much better...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast