Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
That's not really true. While a level or modularity was part of CBP's requirement the specs were written with no particular brand or model in mind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I have no idea if S&W submitted their M&P 2.0 or not, but you can swap the Full-size, 5" and 4" Compact slides on the Full-size and Compact frames without issue. The 5" and 4.25" Full-size pistols fall within the specs for the CBP pistol #1, and the 4" Compact meets the CBP Pistol #2 spec. S&W falls short however in regards to CBP pistol #3. They don't have one. I'm sure they could have created one and maybe they did, but that hasn't been disclosed since they didn't win the contract. If S&W offers a sub-compact M&P roughly the same size as the G26, we can make a fair assumption that they also made a bid. In reading the language of the STATEMENT OF WORK, it is flexible enough for Glock, S&W, FN or Sig. I don't see that it was so tightly written as to exclude any of the major manufacturers unless they didn't/couldn't/wouldn't make a gun to match, such as S&W and the CBP pistol# 3.