Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Customs and Border Protection Picks Glock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Customs and Border Protection Picks Glock

The announcement was officially made today. Many people had been speculating that CBP would follow ICE and adopt the P320.

No word yet on what specific model(s) will be authorized for duty carry. We should have all that info in the next day or two.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...-duty-handguns
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    320 fanbois be freakin'.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Does that say 47? I woulda guessed a 19x MOS would be the pick.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    320 fanbois be freakin'.
    Only because Sig sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Im not a Glock guy but recognize their good guns. I would imagine just about everyone will be happy to move away from .40 and what guns did they have? I saw some of the guys using HK guns. I love HK, but those triggers require a bit off work and a lot of practice. I have a friend just hired on, and he is pumped about it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Im not a Glock guy but recognize their good guns. I would imagine just about everyone will be happy to move away from .40 and what guns did they have? I saw some of the guys using HK guns. I love HK, but those triggers require a bit off work and a lot of practice. I have a friend just hired on, and he is pumped about it.

PB
    General issue is the P2000 with LEM trigger. There are a few other guns mixed in but 99% of CBP is using the 2000.

As a whole, the guns are generally disliked. They are reliable and generally durable outside a trigger spring that tends to break. The biggest complaint is trigger. As you mention, it takes a lot of work to master.

I am not a Glock guy but will certainly not miss the HK. Good riddance!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    General issue is the P2000 with LEM trigger. There are a few other guns mixed in but 99% of CBP is using the 2000.

As a whole, the guns are generally disliked. They are reliable and generally durable outside a trigger spring that tends to break. The biggest complaint is trigger. As you mention, it takes a lot of work to master.

I am not a Glock guy but will certainly not miss the HK. Good riddance!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    The one model of HK I actually like....the LEM model

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Great choice. The proven standard.

Feedback Score
    Seems like yet another agency is moving away from .40 to 9mm.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast