Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Customs and Border Protection Picks Glock

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    What is a G47? A google search says a single stack .380 which makes no sense for CBP.
    Zoom in on the picture.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Uber long baseplates as well, they are tactical AF.

That’s what happens when the snowflakes want to get rid of the front strap cut out. To strip a stuck mag one handed a shooter needs an even longer base plate.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That’s what happens when the snowflakes want to get rid of the front strap cut out. To strip a stuck mag one handed a shooter needs an even longer base plate.
    Or people realize that man hands on 19s they tear the shit out of their hand and bleed all over the place.

Little girly boys don’t have a problem with the cut out on a 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Or people realize that man hands on 19s they tear the shit out of their hand and bleed all over the place.

Little girly boys don’t have a problem with the cut out on a 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s cute! I’m 6’2” tall and have man hands as you call them. No issues with the cut out. More likely it’s the shooters with soft, sensitive hands that don’t mix with the cut out. Especially if your RSO is behind you shouting, “We have a bleeder!”

Rather than disabling my ability to do one hand manipulations by filling in the half moon cut, maybe the sensitive hand shooters could just stick to those pink framed Taurus pistols.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    So what's the difference between the G47 and 17MOS?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Funny, never had to strip out a Glock mag (or any magazine for that matter). But I don't doubt Tactical-Tommies say it's the $hit to do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.a View Post
    Nobody knows just yet although I believe the 47 is slightly longer.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Funny, never had to strip out a Glock mag (or any magazine for that matter). But I don't doubt Tactical-Tommies say it's the $hit to do.
    Hopefully none of us have to do it during a critical incident but if you’ve never practiced it then I recommend you find an instructor who can help you. I forget what the numbers are but getting shot in the hand is more common than many folks think.

Based on your screen name I’m presuming you rode in back of F-4’s. Did you not train for various IFE possibilities? Or did y’all just say the hell with it - we’ll do it live?

The G47 has a G19/45 length rail. Because of that, the G47 has extra material under the slide to enclose the RSA.
    Last edited by El Cid; 04-09-19 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Hopefully none of us have to do it during a critical incident but if you’ve never practiced it then I recommend you find an instructor who can help you. I forget what the numbers are but getting shot in the hand is more common than many folks think.

Based on your screen name I’m presuming you rode in back of F-4’s. Did you not train for various IFE possibilities? Or did y’all just say the hell with it - we’ll do it live?
    Different Rhino, but yes we planned for those.

I just find it interesting that Glock is the only pistol expected to have gonzo side - front cutouts for the 'stripping of the mag' which pretty much no other pistols have it / are expected to have it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a G45 frame(19 length dust cover), with a 17MOS slide.

I’ve been waiting for that G26, hopefully it becomes available and has the updated breech face.
    Last edited by parishioner; 04-09-19 at 20:41.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast