Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Customs and Border Protection Picks Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post

hopefully it has the updated breech face.
    Can you explain?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That’s cute! I’m 6’2” tall and have man hands as you call them. No issues with the cut out. More likely it’s the shooters with soft, sensitive hands that don’t mix with the cut out. Especially if your RSO is behind you shouting, “We have a bleeder!”

Rather than disabling my ability to do one hand manipulations by filling in the half moon cut, maybe the sensitive hand shooters could just stick to those pink framed Taurus pistols.
    Haha funny. Guess you don’t shoot much. But seriously, the hand making its way into the cutout on reloads doesn’t have anything to do with hand sensitivity, it has to do with a hand that hangs down there. No problems with Gen 3 or 4 guns. But more than once I’ve ripped my hand open with Gen 5 19s. The cutout is nearly universally hated.

If you have a problem and are constantly needing to rip magazines, something I’ve never had to do...shooting approximately 2,000 rounds a month for the past five years, just dremel tool the thing. My, how did somebody such as yourself live without the cutout in previous generations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Different Rhino, but yes we planned for those.

I just find it interesting that Glock is the only pistol expected to have gonzo side - front cutouts for the 'stripping of the mag' which pretty much no other pistols have it / are expected to have it.
    I’m not sure it’s an expectation. Let’s face it - most shooters put part of a box of bullets through their gun and declare it good to go. Fewer still ever seek training from a professional.

I am old enough to remember earlier Glocks with the cut out but don’t remember people complaining. My first issued G22 was a Gen 3 and had the cut out. I don’t know why Glock got rid of it but it was put back in the “M” guns at the request of the folks at Quantico. The Gen 5’s followed along until recently. Glock or any other make can’t make everyone happy but on my duty guns I appreciate the feature. I’ve also been through training where we had tennis balls duct taped to one hand or the other. I found the cut out and Gen 5 mags considerably easier to strip than wide side base plates like the LAV/TD style.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When did Gen3 glocks have the cutout? I've owned like 5 and have been issued 2 and have never seen a Gen3 with the cutout the Gen5 19 has.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Haha funny. Guess you don’t shoot much. But seriously, the hand making its way into the cutout on reloads doesn’t have anything to do with hand sensitivity, it has to do with a hand that hangs down there. No problems with Gen 3 or 4 guns. But more than once I’ve ripped my hand open with Gen 5 19s. The cutout is nearly universally hated.

If you have a problem and are constantly needing to rip magazines, something I’ve never had to do...shooting approximately 2,000 rounds a month for the past five years, just dremel tool the thing. My, how did somebody such as yourself live without the cutout in previous generations!

Lol! Alright - I admit my snowflake comment was a bit out of bounds. I just hate losing a useful (to me) feature. And I don’t find myself having to rip out mags. I have had very few issues with my personal or agency Glocks but I train for the worst case. Just like I practice one hand manipulations with my rifles. I don’t want to have to figure out how to do it while someone is trying to kill me.

And I’ll concede that hands do get pinched on reloads with shorter pistols. I’ve had it happen and while it didn’t draw blood it was quite painful. I can’t remember the last time I did that because several years ago I started using G17 mags for all my spare mags and reloads. The only 15rd mag I use with my G19 is the one in the gun. My G26 also gets reloaded with G17 mags.

For the record, while I don’t have the budget to shoot 2k rounds a month I do shoot almost every weekend and shoot a match almost every month. I’ve also paid out of pocket for classes with various top tier instructors because my agency won’t. Although I do think saying it’s universally hated is hyperbole.

And I agree - it’s easier for me to cut out my own half moon than it is for you to fill it. But hey, at least I’m debating with someone who shoots instead of the people who slow fire 50 rounds a year from 7 yards. :cheers:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    When did Gen3 glocks have the cutout? I've owned like 5 and have been issued 2 and have never seen a Gen3 with the cutout the Gen5 19 has.

Mine was issued to me in 2006. Can’t recall the serial number as I turned it in years ago.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Can you explain?

On the G45 and Gen 5 MOS models there is a breech face notch/bevel that has reportedly improved ejection.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    On the G45 and Gen 5 MOS models there is a breech face notch/bevel that has reportedly improved ejection.

So no more brass in the forehead?

My wife's 19 spits brass in my face all day long. I hate that gun...

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So no more brass in the forehead?

My wife's 19 spits brass in my face all day long. I hate that gun...

Now that the announcement has been made, can’t someone call up to WV and ask for more details?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Now that the announcement has been made, can’t someone call up to WV and ask for more details?
    Sure although I imagine the specs and particulars will all be known within the next few days.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast