Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Customs and Border Protection Picks Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Glock Checked SIGs modularity, as it was written directly for them.
    That's not really true. While a level or modularity was part of CBP's requirement the specs were written with no particular brand or model in mind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That's not really true. While a level or modularity was part of CBP's requirement the specs were written with no particular brand or model in mind.
    Yeah, I've got some oceanfront property to sell ya in Arizona...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I've got some oceanfront property to sell ya in Arizona...
    Believe what you wish. I was there when the RFI and later SOW was written.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Glock Checked SIGs modularity, as it was written directly for them.
    Everyone said the. FBI RFI and SOW were written for the P320 and we know how that turned out.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    So is it RMR specific or MOS? Because if it’s the former that’s pretty baller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you read the SOW, it specified a modular optics mount capable of accepting both the RMR and DPP.

Buying 60,000 RMR cut guns to take your agency into the next 10-15 years would not be “baller.” It would be stupid and short sighted. Why buy guns cut only for an optic which may be obsolete half way through the guns service life?

The Aimpoint ACCRO May take MRDS to the next level in the next decade but if it doesn’t something else will.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Believe what you wish. I was there when the RFI and later SOW was written.

I was impressed it was written purely from the functional perspective and specifying a technology such as “internal frame that can be used in multiple outer frames.” Having written govt RFI and RFPs it is a challenge when seeking new capabilities to not slip into limiting the technical approach and stay focused on the functionality needed yet protecting from some weird lame overly optimized solution as well. Good job!
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It would be a shame if they don’t sell it. Also that video does not convey anything that was obvious from reading the RFP and looking at a picture other than the 11rd mags for the 26.

Edit: I can’t see this not becoming more widely available. There are plenty of benefits of parts commonality that many agencies and even consumers will want.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 04-11-19 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you read the SOW, it specified a modular optics mount capable of accepting both the RMR and DPP.

Buying 60,000 RMR cut guns to take your agency into the next 10-15 years would not be “baller.” It would be stupid and short sighted. Why buy guns cut only for an optic which may be obsolete half way through the guns service life?

The Aimpoint ACCRO May take MRDS to the next level in the next decade but if it doesn’t something else will.
    Well, the DPP sucks so there

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Well, the DPP sucks so there

My experience with the DPP has been completely positive.
    Back to the OP - I hope the good guys always have the best equipment to keep them safe. Glocks with red dots is a strong combination.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast