Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I picked up a new 1911 today ??

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I picked up a new 1911 today ??

I picked up a high end 1911 in 9mm. When I rack the slide it has a very ruff sticking spot in the very beginning? Any ideas?

I ran 10 mags of 10 right out of the gate with no cleaning or anything. I had a few failure to lock back, nothing else. Shot very well, and cycled good.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I picked up a high end 1911 in 9mm. When I rack the slide it has a very ruff sticking spot in the very beginning? Any ideas?

I ran 10 mags of 10 right out of the gate with no cleaning or anything. I had a few failure to lock back, nothing else. Shot very well, and cycled good.

PB

Make and model?

Feedback Score
    Does it have a square firing pin stop? Does the roughness feel the same when the hammer is down vs cocked?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    SA Pro / Custom 1911

It has the same sticking point, even though it is easier because Im not fighting the hammer as well.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Is the sticking point as the barrel unlocks or after, as the slide moves? If it is the barrel unlocking, that will go away as you shoot it.

I just bought a railed 9mm Pro, same observations as you. The slide lock issue went away after about 150 rds, and now locks back correctly. The barrel lockup has also smoothed out significantly. About 300 rds through the gun total at the moment.

The other observation I had with mine was the slide hanging up on the disconnector as I hand cycled it, but it did not cause any issues with live fire. That has gone away as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes sticking point right at beginning. Good feedback, thanks. I have only 200 rounds so far. I’ll bang some more today.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Had the same thing with my Wilson Combat in 9mm: It has gone away and never (as far as I'm aware) posed an issue in actual shooting (magazines not being broken in properly and/or the super light factory recoil spring? Maybe).

I've also had SAI 1911s in 45 that have had the same issue and also went away with wear.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Most likely the disconnector. Nothing to worry about. Have you lubed it yet and watched the slide push most of the oil off the rails? They're TIGHT!

They're also super available tight now in .45 and 9x19.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I ran a little over 1,000 rounds this weekend in a class. The stickiness mostly went away and it fed everything I fed it. It still had problems locking back 30% of the time and dropping free with Wilson mags.

The Chip & Mc mags ran flawlessly. I have always favored Wilson’s but this gun doesn’t like them. I wonder what different dimensions are causing this.

Thinking about sending it back but, I could always just run Chips, but that seems kinda BS.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Most likely the disconnector. Nothing to worry about. Have you lubed it yet and watched the slide push most of the oil off the rails? They're TIGHT!

They're also super available tight now in .45 and 9x19.

I cleaned it and oiled it big time. And yes I have the 45 version. Good stuff.

PB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast