Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I picked up a new 1911 today ??

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    OP made the same mistake I did.

He bought a Springfield 1911. Mine sucked right out of the box, and Springfield never could get it right. They are a poor manufacturer of 1911s. It wasn't cheap and I lost my butt on it.
    I have a Pro in 45, two TRP’s and a Lipsey edition SA Operator. All have been 100% reliable. My experience has been stellar obviously YMMV.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have a Pro in 45, two TRP’s and a Lipsey edition SA Operator. All have been 100% reliable. My experience has been stellar obviously YMMV.

PB
    My experience with SAI 1911s has been similar. Todd Green's 9mm 1911 - the one that sold him on the concept of a 9mm 1911 for serious use - was also an SAI gun.

Todd Green's 9mm SAI 1911s did have some initial problems with Wilson magazines, IIRC, which was addressed by Jason Burton, "tuning," them.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I may take another shot at the custom shop.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The thing about 1911s is that the people who did it wrong the first time are just going to do the same thing next time. If they knew what to do, they would have already done it.

That's why I don't regard warranty as anything of value when it comes to 1911s.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It is strange, I can feel the mag drag at times when I try to pull out. And see scratching on one side. Its like sometimes the mag gets canted or some shit. Other times it will drop free like nothing is even close to it.

Feedback Score
    I had a Dan Wesson that was super finicky with mags. If I remember right it would slide lock with rounds left in the mag. It ended up being the the slide stop. It ran every mag like a champ after I replaced that.

Good luck with it, hopefully the custom shop will help you out.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's not the follower trying to jump the lobe on the slide stop?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It is strange, I can feel the mag drag at times when I try to pull out. And see scratching on one side. Its like sometimes the mag gets canted or some shit. Other times it will drop free like nothing is even close to it.
    Which side? You see scratching on what, the inside of the frame or the magazine?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234