G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Low posting quality

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,349
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    There are is shit being posted today in 2019 that Ive never seen even in the mid 2000's post sunset ban era when ARs started becoming a thing. For example, are you telling me people today, with the wonders of the internet, someone doesnt know where to buy gas rings.

    Im happy to answer newbie questions because everyone was a newbie at one point. But if you make a thread asking a question that you didnt even take the effort to put into a Google search before hand, you have no place in making that thread.

    Theres a huge difference between "Which gas rings should I buy?" vs "So I looked on the internet and heard about one piece rings, are one piece rings better than regular gas rings, what makes gas rings quality? Is there a specific metal they use?

    And then make a follow up post of how "I think my gas rings are too tight?" Did you even shoot the ****ing gun first? Why are we accepting this post quality?

    Maybe this person is one of those millennial snow flakes that cant do anything for themselves like figure out how to buy gas rings.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    6,653
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

    Low posting quality

    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    There are is shit being posted today in 2019 that Ive never seen even in the mid 2000's post sunset ban era when ARs started becoming a thing. For example, are you telling me people today, with the wonders of the internet, someone doesnt know where to buy gas rings.

    Im happy to answer newbie questions because everyone was a newbie at one point. But if you make a thread asking a question that you didnt even take the effort to put into a Google search before hand, you have no place in making that thread.

    Theres a huge difference between "Which gas rings should I buy?" vs "So I looked on the internet and heard about one piece rings, are one piece rings better than regular gas rings, what makes gas rings quality? Is there a specific metal they use?

    And then make a follow up post of how "I think my gas rings are too tight?" Did you even shoot the ****ing gun first? Why are we accepting this post quality?

    Maybe this person is one of those millennial snow flakes that cant do anything for themselves like figure out how to buy gas rings.
    Yeah agreed. I wish we had one screenshot of the old orange search button and one of Google’s search bar. Either one of those two images would be a valid response to at least a quarter of new posts here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,020
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This isn't necessarily exclusive to M4C, as tech forums on the whole have been dying on the vine for at least 5-10yrs now as non tech social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and Twitter replace the older tech generation folks (folks 30yrs old and up) that posted up all the organized, researched, and vetted topics on forums. Folks younger than 30yrs old by in large just don't have the attention span, and patience to learn in depth about tech aspects to a subject. They're all about the glamor shots, and talking points.


    Secondly, a continually fresh crop of arrogant, ignorant, and overall childish new members join these forums every year, and ultimately 5yrs ago or more, the true SMEs finally had enough of trolls and idiots shitposting, and diluting the quality of their treads.

    Molon is the classic example of this, and I saw it happen to him here, and on TOS. I still remember one of the tech threads that was the straw that broke Molon's back. It was barrel break in thread where he posted numerous scientific posts including bore scope pictures illustrating his point, only to be called dumb, and a ton of other nonsense stuff from folks that had no real clue wtf they were talking about, or who they were calling out.

    People create tech treads for free, and usually at siginifcant expense in both time, and money. Then they post them up, only to have ignorant members overly critique the articles, and SMEs....with most times the critiquing being totally wrong.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    110
    Feedback Score
    0
    There is only so much that can be said about guns.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    6,653
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    This isn't necessarily exclusive to M4C, as tech forums on the whole have been dying on the vine for at least 5-10yrs now as non tech social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and Twitter replace the older tech generation folks (folks 30yrs old and up) that posted up all the organized, researched, and vetted topics on forums. Folks younger than 30yrs old by in large just don't have the attention span, and patience to learn in depth about tech aspects to a subject. They're all about the glamor shots, and talking points.


    Secondly, a continually fresh crop of arrogant, ignorant, and overall childish new members join these forums every year, and ultimately 5yrs ago or more, the true SMEs finally had enough of trolls and idiots shitposting, and diluting the quality of their treads.

    Molon is the classic example of this, and I saw it happen to him here, and on TOS. I still remember one of the tech threads that was the straw that broke Molon's back. It was barrel break in thread where he posted numerous scientific posts including bore scope pictures illustrating his point, only to be called dumb, and a ton of other nonsense stuff from folks that had no real clue wtf they were talking about, or who they were calling out.

    People create tech treads for free, and usually at siginifcant expense in both time, and money. Then they post them up, only to have ignorant members overly critique the articles, and SMEs....with most times the critiquing being totally wrong.
    He had some fantastic posts. Doc Roberts too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,329
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Would you like to hazard a guess on how many people post in the training AAR threads? It's a positive integer between 0 and 5.

    I attend 6-8 training classes a year. I stopped doing AAR's years ago because there was zero discussion about them.

    Tom Givens posts a link to his newsletter here every month. It's gold - very, very valuable info. Guess how much discussion there is that thread?

    But by golly, we have a never ending supply of threads to police in General Discussion....... sigh.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Urban Cessmaze
    Posts
    3,580
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    But by golly, we have a never ending supply of threads to police in General Discussion....... sigh.
    Dang - I see where you just took away our .40 bear penetration entertainment.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    8,703
    Feedback Score
    0
    Many years ago I belonged to a forum where people used to complain about General Discussion all the time to the point that the people who ran the forum decided to get rid of it.

    One day they either removed it or made it restricted access (I can't remember which).

    Their membership "who's online" count plunged and they reinstated it shortly thereafter.

    The thing is, they left it off the forum long enough that a ton of those members went off to other forums and never came back. That left the original board a cricket-chirping experience from then on.

    Just sayin'....

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    26,138
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Too many threads get locked because the subjects have been discussed before. I don't think a new thread on a subject is bad. I sense that some people get tired of the heavy handed moderation and don't bother. I see no problem letting an old topic be re-hashed in a new thread. Experience and knowledge change.

    I've personally wanted to put in my 2 cents on a thread... only to find it locked. It's not like there's a swarm of traffic here these days.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,349
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Many years ago I belonged to a forum where people used to complain about General Discussion all the time to the point that the people who ran the forum decided to get rid of it.

    One day they either removed it or made it restricted access (I can't remember which).

    Their membership "who's online" count plunged and they reinstated it shortly thereafter.

    The thing is, they left it off the forum long enough that a ton of those members went off to other forums and never came back. That left the original board a cricket-chirping experience from then on.

    Just sayin'....
    Im not sure what so special about the GD that keep members. Maybe I dont spend enough time in GD to know what really goes on here but knowing about GDs in general, there is no such thing as "high quality" posts in any GD forum, its just an amalgamation on people's opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Too many threads get locked because the subjects have been discussed before. I don't think a new thread on a subject is bad. I sense that some people get tired of the heavy handed moderation and don't bother. I see no problem letting an old topic be re-hashed in a new thread. Experience and knowledge change.

    I've personally wanted to put in my 2 cents on a thread... only to find it locked. It's not like there's a swarm of traffic here these days.
    Its better to bump an old thread, it shows the poster actually looked for information on their own and are posting to seek clarification or updates on an old topic. Rather than post 1 line facebookesq "What is M4Cs opinion on X"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •