Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Low posting quality

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Low posting quality

How about no ability to post for a period of time, I mean a long period of time. Have a welcome statement for new members explaining the wealth of information contained in this site and as a new member they should have plenty to keep them reading for quite a while so there shouldn’t be a need for them to post anything. If they don’t like it there’s always TOS.
    ETA: And totally shitcan the General Discussion forum!
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-11-19 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Low activity with high SNR is far better than high activity with low SNR. If removal of a GD section caused people to leave, then good, they probably didn't contribute much by way of actual information to begin with.
    Amen to that.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    How about no ability to post for a period of time, I mean a long period of time. Have a welcome statement for new members explaining the wealth of information contained in this site and as a new member they should have plenty to keep them reading for quite a while so there shouldn’t be a need for them to post anything. If they don’t like it there’s always TOS.
    ETA: And totally shitcan the General Discussion forum!
    What happens for the people that are already knowledgeable though? Just because you haven’t been a member here for a while, doesn’t mean you don’t know stuff worth sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Low posting quality

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What happens for the people that are already knowledgeable though? Just because you haven’t been a member here for a while, doesn’t mean you don’t know stuff worth sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you think the chances are of someone new bringing something to the table the SME’s, industry professionals and the BTDT guys have not already hashed out? Maybe you allow a new member to list their credentials and bypass any probationary period. If they bring a high level of knowledge I’m sure they may be known by Mods or other SME’s outside the site. Build the wall!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I suspect the answer is the usual reason such things happen to an forum: they start as a small/medium sized forum of like minded people with a higher level of knowledge, and as they grow, it gets diluted by more members with less knowledge to impart. I still find the SN ratio pretty good here and way better than other similar forums I stopped visiting a long time ago.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Also members knowledge can increases to the point that what was new and interesting is now known and just not as stimulating. You reach a certain point where there’s just not that much new anymore.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good or bad, GD drives traffic. Traffic pays the bills.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345