Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gun: IWI Carmel

Feedback Score
    I think I will wait for an Arad upper. I also would prefer to handle and disassemble a Carmel before buying one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the stock. I like the adjustable gas. Not thrilled with the rather tall/chunky handguard or the 16" pencil barrel though. As with every new rifle platform that comes out, I don't see enough to move me away from the M4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    As with every new rifle platform that comes out, I don't see enough to move me away from the M4.
    There's nothing wrong with having a favorite, but you don't have to limit yourself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    I like the stock. I like the adjustable gas. Not thrilled with the rather tall/chunky handguard or the 16" pencil barrel though. As with every new rifle platform that comes out, I don't see enough to move me away from the M4.
    I get it. If I'm honest for years I always wanted an upgraded (or Rem production) ACR, but it looks like this might be the closest I get to that rifle, but as far as moving away from the AR that probably wont happen due to interchangeable parts and familiarity with the platform.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Anybody know when these become available?

Feedback Score
    The Carmel starting hitting dealers this past week.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I will wait a bit, but I am definitely getting one.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I will wait a bit, but I am definitely getting one.
    That's my plan too.

Feedback Score
    I took one home today and did a quick tabletop review.

https://youtu.be/1HZsPPxoTFE

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I played with one today. Unfortunately the one I saw would not keep the stock locked in place. The latch seemed mighty shallow compared to the scar, etc. Maybe it was a fluke or maybe it will be a problem. It felt like a heavier modernized ARX. I will get one but I want to wait a bit to let them shake out any issues.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast