Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS Kiosk

Feedback Score

SS Kiosk

Has anyone used a Silencer shop trust to buy a suppressor from someone other than Silencer Shop? Is this even possible? I live near a LGS that is a Silencer Shop Powered dealer (45 mins away). Can I buy a suppressor and have it shipped there and then use the kiosk, which is at yet another store?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SS has great customer service, I'd just pick up the phone and call them to ask.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    SS has great customer service, I'd just pick up the phone and call them to ask.
    They really do. I used their kiosk to buy my suppressor and stamp a few weeks ago, and they were amazing with their communication and information.

OP, Outkast is dead on, for a question like that, call them up at 512-931-4556. Sounds like a fairly complex deal you have going on, and they should be able to give you the yay or nay.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Yes I have ordered from them before. Just seeing if anyone had any experience doing this.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccampo View Post
    Yes I have ordered from them before. Just seeing if anyone had any experience doing this.
    Which is why you should call and ask them the exact question you have asked us here.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Yep...I have left them a couple messages...Just looking for experiences.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I suspect this would work something like their Form 1 prep service if they even still do it. They charge $35 for the service and handle the cards and such.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SS Kiosk

Quote Originally Posted by ccampo View Post
    Has anyone used a Silencer shop trust to buy a suppressor from someone other than Silencer Shop? Is this even possible? I live near a LGS that is a Silencer Shop Powered dealer (45 mins away). Can I buy a suppressor and have it shipped there and then use the kiosk, which is at yet another store?
    So your question is really a two part question as Silencer Shop trusts aren’t exclusive to Silencer Shop nor their kiosk. The trust is a trust and you can use it anywhere. (Not talking about their “one shot” trusts as I’ve never used one.) And it doesn’t have to be used with a kiosk. The kiosk is just a tool to simplify the fingerprint process. The photo & questionnaire can be done via their mobile app.
    So yes, you can use a trust purchased from Silencer Shop to buy a suppressor from somewhere else. And yes, I’ve done it.

Second, you can use a SS kiosk from one business but have your suppressor transferred to another. The shop with the kiosk; however, may charge you to use it if you’re not doing the transfer to them.

From Silencer Shop’s website:

With our new kiosks, we’ve gone digital! If you’ve selected a dealer at checkout who has an S.I.D. Kiosk, the use of the kiosk is free at that location.

That doesn't mean you can't use a dealer without a kiosk; although, you should keep in mind that some dealers might charge a minimal fee if you’re using the kiosk at their location for a transfer to another dealer.
    https://www.silencershop.com/how-to-buy-a-silencer
    Last edited by Ryno12; 04-10-19 at 22:44.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Yeah....I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with using the kiosk or a SS affiliate store to buy from a non SS affiliated store. Like ordering one from gunbroker.

Feedback Score
    I ordered a can from a non-Silencershop seller and had it sent via form 1 to a local guy with a kiosk. I logged into silencershop, did the form 4, bought a trust and it is sailing along just dandily.

So yes, you can use the kiosk and buy a silencershop trust for a non-silencershop purchase. The kiosk guy will want some remuneration for his/her time and the cost to have/use the kiosk but that is fair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast