Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Point me to some decent factory "match" .223 ammo...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Aside from what's already mentioned here, I've had very good luck with Australian Outback / ADI ammo. It's sub MOA in a few of my rifles. It wasn't available in the US for a while but it's back. Too bad it's nearly a $1/rnd now. It was ~$.70 when Cabela's stocked it.

https://australianoutbackammo.com/22...pbt-matchking/

Watch Global Ordnance. They often have ammo deals that are priced very nicely. Often they’ll have specials with by a case or two and get another free.

https://globalordnance.com/deals/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=3290

I picked up some nice shooting Australian Outback 300BLK ammo there last fall. Informal testing in bitter cold leads me to think it will be about MOA with my SBR. I’ll be adding a good scope and wringing it out better sometime soon, but have been too busy and lazy to do so yet

Feedback Score
    I've had good luck with Black Hills 69gr out of a Savage model 12 with a 1-9 twist.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The go-to for me at this time is Hornady 75gr BTHP, for my 1:7 and 1:8 barrels. Extremely accurate, and they make it in both .223 and 5.56 versions. 5.56 is all I use of it.

Same exact bullet, I load with H335. 22.0 grains in LC brass, gets close to as accurate as the factory loading. Not there, but close.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, guys...

I picked up the 320rnds of FGMM with the 69gr SMK at my parents' house last weekend, and it's now stashed away, waiting for me to get that 5.56 bolt gun.

If/When I get another chance to bring home a load of ammo from out of state, and/or if I don't actually start handloading for this gun, then I'll look closely at these other options...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    Watch Global Ordnance. They often have ammo deals that are priced very nicely. Often they’ll have specials with by a case or two and get another free.

https://globalordnance.com/deals/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=3290

I picked up some nice shooting Australian Outback 300BLK ammo there last fall. Informal testing in bitter cold leads me to think it will be about MOA with my SBR. I’ll be adding a good scope and wringing it out better sometime soon, but have been too busy and lazy to do so yet
    I spoke to them yesterday at NRAAM Indy and was told the same thing. 2 for 1!

I need to do some more ammo testing and buy a case if it's what shoots best.
    I need to test some Gorilla 77 gr as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234