Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where we are as a nation right now....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Where we are as a nation right now....

Pretty good piece I though- Opening graph-

"We and the Left are now two nations within one country. This is undeniable. We are now so different that we cannot even agree on what a country is, or on the merits of a country having a border. The number of people who still say, "I just don't care about politics" dwindles. It is still possible to hate both sides — but it is getting hard to be indifferent and still be breathing. How many people can just take or leave infanticide? How many people are entirely flexible about the idea of the government having authority over anything and everything, to experimenting with our fundamental demographics, or to giving up fossil fuels cold turkey?"

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...#ixzz5knQwUf6R
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Great essay on a terrible topic. No, this isn't tinfoil hat stuff today. A piece on the same site discusses the Dems' goal to expand voting to immature teens and prisoners still in prison for Dem political power:

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ng_rights.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Great essay on a terrible topic. No, this isn't tinfoil hat stuff today. A piece on the same site discusses the Dems' goal to expand voting to immature teens and prisoners still in prison for Dem political power:

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ng_rights.html
    The other wing of the same bird.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/04...ome-face-face/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The fix was in on Constitutional Carry from day one. Bonnen is a lying, Strauss wanna be, who takes his marching orders from the Chamber of Commerce which is the only entity he and many of his R colleagues represent.

I personally wrote the Governor here and told him to expect to be confronted when he comes to my town again over this issue. He came last election and talked up how we all needed to come out and vote to offset all the Liberals down state- and WE DID. And the R's have done exactly NOTHING this session for conservatives- no property tax relief, no Constitutional carry, nothing.

I'm a former Republican Party Precinct Chair and I intend to get in these peoples' faces, I'm done with the BS. You don't appoint an anti gun Democrat as the head of the Committee hearing the Constitutional Carry bill and then tell people you're "doing great things for them" at election time, that ship has sailed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    The fix was in on Constitutional Carry from day one. Bonnen is a lying, Strauss wanna be, who takes his marching orders from the Chamber of Commerce which is the only entity he and many of his R colleagues represent.

I personally wrote the Governor here and told him to expect to be confronted when he comes to my town again over this issue. He came last election and talked up how we all needed to come out and vote to offset all the Liberals down state- and WE DID. And the R's have done exactly NOTHING this session for conservatives- no property tax relief, no Constitutional carry, nothing.

I'm a former Republican Party Precinct Chair and I intend to get in these peoples' faces, I'm done with the BS. You don't appoint an anti gun Democrat as the head of the Committee hearing the Constitutional Carry bill and then tell people you're "doing great things for them" at election time, that ship has sailed.
    >tfw you realize Republicans are just a lazier form of Democrat

Feedback Score
    We are the death throws of the America as we knew it.

Feedback Score
    right before the final swirl in a toilet things get real fast ! sometimes things pop back out you thought were flushed though

that is my only hope that we are a floater
    cause right now we are on that super fast last spin I feel

yeah I say those that hate the country boot them to wonderful islam controlled or gang controlled wonderlands they say are so awesome

Feedback Score
    Remember when Ross Perot talked about the "giant sucking sound" of jobs going to Mexico over NAFTA?

Now we have the "giant swirling sound" of the country going down the toilet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    right before the final swirl in a toilet things get real fast ! sometimes things pop back out you thought were flushed though

that is my only hope that we are a floater
    cause right now we are on that super fast last spin I feel

yeah I say those that hate the country boot them to wonderful islam controlled or gang controlled wonderlands they say are so awesome

The Second Coming
    W. B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where we are as a nation right now....

Fantasizing about pissing on someone's food because they have different political beliefs seems to appropriately sum it up.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast