Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ 527 Under 1 MOA

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have two .223 bolt guns. My rem 700 5R is a favorite for years. And it shoots lights out. I like it because I can shoot heavy bullets. My Rem 788 is very cool but it likes lighter bullets because it’s high twist. 1/12 I think.

Good looking rifle you have there.

Bolt 223 is big fun, easy on the pocket, easy on the shoulder.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    cz.jpg50.1.jpg50.2.jpg

Just bought the 527 Varmint, wearing a 4.5-14x40 VX3, shooting Fiocchi 50 gr Poly tipped at 100 yards. Their 55 gr FMJ was just a tick over an inch. Only have a few round through the rifle, hoping that this is the consistent norm.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    cz.jpg50.1.jpg50.2.jpg

Just bought the 527 Varmint, wearing a 4.5-14x40 VX3, shooting Fiocchi 50 gr Poly tipped at 100 yards. Their 55 gr FMJ was just a tick over an inch. Only have a few round through the rifle, hoping that this is the consistent norm.
    On the subject of consistency, take a look at these stickies. They well address that subject. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ot-Group-Sizes
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Accuracy-quot
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    cz.jpg50.1.jpg50.2.jpg

With that rifle and scope it will certainly be the norm. How do you like the set trigger ?
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 05-13-19 at 07:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    On the subject of consistency, take a look at these stickies. They well address that subject. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ot-Group-Sizes
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Accuracy-quot
    I believe I read that second thread not long after I initially found and joined the forum. It's a concept I had come to a level of conclusion of through my own study, however I had never read a piece that described the subject in such concise detail.

I stumbled on here after buying my first AR in about a decade. Don't poke fun, it's an entry level gun, I wasn't exactly planning on it, more of a walk in the store and they were on sale for a price I was willing to pay right then. So here we are. After reading that thread and doing a little analysis of ballistics charts, my hope for that rifle is that it will shoot a relatively consistent group of around 2.5", and zeroing in such a fashion that it'll put rounds on a man sized target out to 300. I initially had an old turd scope on it just to have something, but put better glass on it and it sat for a couple months until the CZ showed up. After a rezero and a few groups from the bench, I believe it'll meet my expectations. I find with the constraints of my range time, it's conducive to fire three round groups, just more of them, and compare. If I had the tech savvy skills to put them together as a composite of a bunch of three or five round groups, I would, but I don't.

That being said, the AR is certainly not a "precision" tool in any sense. I do hope to potentially get to do some varmint or coyote hunting with this rifle, and as such, "precision" is of a certain level of more importance. It's going to be a progressive work, I've spending a lot of time lately working to improve pistol skills, which I can drive less than five minutes from my house and accomplish, as well as 100 yard rifle. It'll be a little more progressive a work, I've got to drive half an hour to a 300 yard range, and local ammo options are very limited. I've got to drive an hour and a half, or order it online. Serviceable 9mm ammo can be found at WM, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    With that rifle and scope it will certainly be the norm. How do you like the set trigger ?
    I really like the rifle in general. The set trigger is great, I wish when on a bench with the rear of the rifle sandbagged it wasn't quite so far forward, but I can work around it. Little more than a touch, and it does its thing. When I get it out at longer range, I need to take it out with my 700, it's supposed to break right around 3 1/2 lb. I want to compare the two a little more closely.

Feedback Score

That being said, the AR is certainly not a "precision" tool in any sense. I do hope to potentially get to do some varmint or coyote hunting with this rifle, and as such, "precision" is of a certain level of more importance. It's going to be a progressive work, I've spending a lot of time lately working to improve pistol skills, which I can drive less than five minutes from my house and accomplish, as well as 100 yard rifle. It'll be a little more progressive a work, I've got to drive half an hour to a 300 yard range, and local ammo options are very limited. I've got to drive an hour and a half, or order it online. Serviceable 9mm ammo can be found at WM, at least.
    Like you I live a good way away from people, but it's by design.

I'm very happy with my S&W MP 15, it's my first AR and much better than I expected. The only problem I have with it is that it eats up a lot of ammo...

Literally 10 minutes ago I shot a fox cub from my shooting bench, I grabbed the CZ and nailed it. I instinctively grabbed the rifle I knew I could not miss with. I don't shoot living things normally but I like to see the wild partridges and grouse around.

Regarding pistol skills I have been working hard at mine with not much success until very recently, I discovered by accident that if I use just the one hand I can shoot it well with practically no effort. It makes no sense really but it's the only way I will be shooting pistols from now on...

I have a few nice pistols, but the one that has the edge over the rest is another CZ an old 85 Combat.

Last edited by Mick Boon; 05-14-19 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    Like you I live a good way away from people, but it's by design.
    Regarding pistol skills I have been working hard at mine with not much success until very recently, I discovered by accident that if I use just the one hand I can shoot it well with practically no effort. It makes no sense really but it's the only way I will be shooting pistols from now on...

I have a few nice pistols, but the one that has the edge over the rest is another CZ an old 85 Combat.

I don't necessarily know that I've got many nice pistols, but they're certainly functional. I finally got into the DA/SA thing a little over a month ago with a commercial Beretta M9. I've typically shot DAO/striker fired pistols, but was intrigued by the Beretta when I was enlisted. It didn't take long to get hooked. D hammer spring, G model decocked, new grips. It's the best shooting pistol I own, well that I shoot, anyway. I'm definitely out to learn to effectively shoot the DA/SA pistol well. When I get the loose cash to part with, I'll order a 92FS Compact. There's a couple places that have them for a really great price, I hope they don't run out before I can afford one.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried a CZ ? There is good reason people rave on about them.

I also have a Beretta 92, and a Girsan Yavuz. The Girsan is as good as the Beretta if not better and half the price. Check them out before buying another Beretta.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried a CZ ? There is good reason people rave on about them.

I also have a Beretta 92, and a Girsan Yavuz. The Girsan is as good as the Beretta if not better and half the price. Check them out before buying another Beretta.

CZ is something that could be considered down the road. Had never heard of the Girsan, so had to look it up. Not nearly as readily available as Beretta, and I own a lot of inexpensive guns, but this is one case of if I can snag the real deal for a hundred bucks more, I'm going for it. Plus I know all the aftermarket parts will work on it. It's worth something to me to get a platform to tinker with that's so well supported.

Feedback Score
    Girsans are everywhere here in Canada and have a great reputation, the only real difference ( apart from the price ) from a Beretta is that they are finished better. The Beretta looks cheap beside the Girsan, moreso when you compare the tooling marks.

I sold a Suomi drum mag to a guy who lives an hours drive from me today, turns out he shoots over 15000 rounds of 9mm each year, he shoots only CZ's. If you shoot that many rounds the cost of the gun is of only minor importance. I'm going to ask him for some coaching.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 05-15-19 at 01:10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast