Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZ 527 Under 1 MOA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Girsans are everywhere here in Canada and have a great reputation, the only real difference ( apart from the price ) from a Beretta is that they are finished better. The Beretta looks cheap beside the Girsan, moreso when you compare the tooling marks.

I sold a Suomi drum mag to a guy who lives an hours drive from me today, turns out he shoots over 15000 rounds of 9mm each year, he shoots only CZ's. If you shoot that many rounds the cost of the gun is of only minor importance. I'm going to ask him for some coaching.
    If you're Canadian, that might explain why they're more common? How the heck are ammo prices in Canada? That much ammo in a year around here would run a guy a fair bit of change.

Feedback Score
    We seem to get a lot of guns in Canada that are not available in the US, I think it's because the import laws in the US are stricter but I'm not sure if that has anything to the lack of Girsans. I've seen them on Gunbroker though.

I asked him what he was paying for his ammo, he told me $ 300 a thousand, that works out about $225 in USD. $ 3375 a year.

300 for 1000 9mm is a decent price up here.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mick and Spence, what scope rings are you using?

I just picked up a 527 Varmint in .223 and want to mount a Leupold VX-II 4-12x40 AO scope on it. Unless I receive other recommendations, I'm planning on medium Warne rings.

The scope is not currently being used, and I think it will be a good match with the rifle and chambering.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

I just picked up a 527 Varmint in .223 and want to mount a Leupold VX-II 4-12x40 AO scope on it. Unless I receive other recommendations, I'm planning on medium Warne rings.

The scope is not currently being used, and I think it will be a good match with the rifle and chambering.

Andy
    I think you will be ok with medium Warne rings, those are what I'm using.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Excellent, thank you. I am looking forward to shooting it. Mine is also walnut stocked and I am hoping it will be a shooter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    Mine is running a VX-III 4.5-14x40 with the Varmint Hunter's reticle I bought back in 2007. For me, it's more than enough magnification.

I don't remember what brand rings I got, but they're medium height.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    An amazing high quality .223 rifle with a Leupold scope and superb set trigger, 4 pounds / 12 ounce pull with zero creep.
    I agree. Mine is the 527 LUX in .223. Very accurate. Trigger is excellent...... Just as soon as you get used to pushing it forward before pulling it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice rifle OP. I picked up a 527 Carbine last year, and am just getting around to putting glass on it...Waiting for new bolt handles to restock at CZ USA, and trying to pick a decent optic. Budget being around $2-250 new or used. Leaning towards a Leupold VXII 3-9x40....any suggestions?

What kind of pills are you guys sending downrange? Mine has a 1/9 twist, so I'm guessing 62gr and lower.

Appreciate any advice

Feedback Score
    CZ bolt guns are lazers. They are fantastic mauser-type actions. Real sleepers in the hunting rifle catalog.

My uncle has a brace of CZ bolt guns, including a pair of 527s. Warne and Leupold rings on them. One has a cheap Nikon sight, the other a Leupold 3-9. Using lighter varmint loads (50 grain Federals, I think), we were easily at or sub MOA in 5-shot groups so long as we took our time. Those things can shoot the wings off a gnat's ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123