Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Grand Power Stribog

I picked one up and have efiled a form 1. Hoping it come back as fast as my last one.
    For 922 parts count, can I use a U.S. muzzle device, AR FCG, and SIG MCX stock?

Feedback Score
    I have a Stribog. It's a really nice firearm, especially for the money. I'd like to SBR mine, but Eagle Imports didn't bring in buttstocks. So, I just set mine up as a pistol with a brace. Looking at Eagle Imports' website, they seem to have dropped Grand Power from their website. As of last month, Global Imports is taking over as the US importer. Hopefully, they'll bring in the buttstocks.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...e-partnership/
    Their website also indicates that the version they're bringing in will have a non-reciprocating charging handle. Hopefully, they'll offer a kit to upgrade the previous imports.

Here's mine:

Here's the list of sec922 parts. I only count the 13 bolded below as being in this firearm assuming that you're attaching a buttstock. The handguard is part of the receiver and the pistol grip is part of the trigger housing, so they don't count. So, by my count (which could be wrong) only two of the existing parts need to be replaced with US made parts. If you want to attach a muzzle device, it will need to be US made unless you replace another of the listed parts. Are you sure that an AR FCG can be used? That would be too easy, but I've never heard of that.

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings, or castings.
    (2) Barrels.
    (3) Barrel extensions.
    (4) Mounting blocks (trunnions).
    (5) Muzzle attachments.
    (6) Bolts.
    (7) Bolt carriers.
    (8) Operating rods.
    (9) Gas pistons.
    (10) Trigger housings.
    (11) Triggers.
    (12) Hammers.
    (13) Sears.
    (14) Disconnectors.
    (15) Buttstocks.
    (16) Pistol grips.
    (17) Forearms, handguards.
    (18) Magazine bodies.
    (19) Followers.
    (20) Floor plates.
    Last edited by Bret; 05-15-23 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    Bret,

Have you shot a Scorpion before? Can you compare the two?

Feedback Score
    Assuming that you're talking about the new CZ Scorpion, no I have not. It's on my list of things to do, but I just have to find someone who has one.

On the other hand, if you're talking about the original iconic vz.61 in 32ACP (I know you're not), then I have one. It's fun to shoot, but the Stribog is a much better more modern pistol.

Feedback Score
    Thanks,

You’re right I was talking about the new one. I finally shot one and I was surprised at how heavy the bolt was. It felt almost like shooting my AR which surprised me. I was hoping to find something bigger than a .22 that still had a lower recoil than the AR for my wife.

A GHM9 would be fun but that’s a lot of $$

Feedback Score
    It's been a while, so I figured that I'd post an update. I e-filed a Form 1 to SBR my Stribog. I installed a 9mm AR15 magazine adapter so that it could use US made magazines for 922(r) compliance, installed a tri-lug adapter and installed a factory buttstock.

Feedback Score
    I've updated the 922(r) parts count because I found an error. I thought that the bolt pictured in post #2 was one piece. It turns out there are two pieces. The bottom part (bolt) is just captured really tightly by the long top part (bold carrier). They can be separated. I discovered this while ordering a non-reciprocating charging handle from HB Industries.
    https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...lt-conversion/
    Last edited by Bret; 01-14-22 at 14:28.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Can anyone give me a quick and dirty check on the current run of Stribogs? I was pretty interested in them a year ago or so, but wrote them off with the feed lip issues and some of the bolt carrier problems.

I have a chance to pick up a Gen 2.5 with a decent optic and five stick mags with the metal feed lips and five curved mags, case and goodies. I’ve heard the straight mags with the metal feed lips fixed that issue, but had t heard much about the curved ones. I’m pretty sure the Gen 3 has the non-reciprocating bolt, but beyond that, I’m not hip on any of the other iterations.

Any ‘Bog expertise is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    My Stribog was imported by Eagle Imports before Global Ordnance took over the importation. Oddly enough, I've never had a feeding issue with the straight all plastic magazines. I can't speak for the metal reinforced magazines, but I did purchase some of the curved ones and they run just fine. Did you ask the current owner if he's had any reliability issues? Is it available for you to shoot?

Feedback Score
    Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by LESchwartz; 05-15-23 at 15:55.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast