Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
If that is your takeaway after looking at the above images, and reading the article, there is nothing I can explain that is going to help you understand it. Paragraph 7 pretty much went over that, but you are most certainly free to think what you want.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, trolling, or actually don't understand the difference. That is the wonder of the internet, lack of inflection makes it hard to mesh at times.
My question is genuine.

My times on this forum and others I have heard that nothing needs to be done if screw is torqued and staked properly.
Some people claim that staking is not even necessary if torque is correct. Not 100% sure of screws needing a Loctite per TDP as I've never run into this problem.

I don't dispute the existence of the issue and in theory Ned's OCKS would make staking stronger.

Your example in the article and Ned's post both allude to two things:
1. Materials: incorrect screws (Chinese made YFS example or similar)
2. Process: incorrect staking and torque

My questions was - if one uses a correct Grade 8 screws (McMaster P/N: 91251A190 or similar) AND the correct process to torque and stake screws would you see a measurable benefit of using OCKS? (which cost 10x of a quality screw)

I don't hear that often about gas key screw failures in Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, or LMT. I would assume they are using correct materials and processes.

As an example, a person claims to have 100k rounds on BCM BCG without any special screws, treatment or anything else: https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...e_/138-274255/

From the engineering perspective holding strength of the screw is coming from threads and proper torque is important. Once threads weaken and get stretched/elongated I think no amount of staking will prevent screws from coming loose in BCG application.

I'm not bad-mouthing OCKS as I think the product is actually great. Screws, however, are a commodity item and not a premium product.

I would love to see some measurable comparison between what BCM uses (https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...0gas%20key.htm) and OCKS using a correct application, if one exists.