Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don’t believe in a conventional concept of time so whatever happens was going to happen anyways unless it didn’t

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Star Wars is stupid you effing nerfherders!

Things need to stay in the past some times. All these BS half assed continuations and remakes are just sad.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Speaking of which...

Time travel is now a thing in Star Wars, thanks to Rebels. It may, therefore, be possible for someone at some point in the future to reset the sequel trilogy. But time travel in Star Wars seems to be stable, meaning that it doesn't have any impact on the timeline because the past is the past and the time travel already occurred. But they got Jar-Jar "Milquetoast" Abrams to use time travel to f___ up Star Trek, maybe they'll get him to do it to Star Wars, too.
    Dave Filoni is on record stating The World Between Worlds isn't time travel(Sure seems like it to me though).

Here's some Episode Nein! spoliers for everybody: Rey Fights Kylo. Rey defeats Kylo. Rey does this without any harm befalling her. Kylo has a temper tantrum. Rey defeats the entire first order and saves the whole galaxy and does so completely unscathed. And she gives birth to a daughter that is as perfect as she is through immaculate conception via The Force because she don't need no man. The End.

Disney Lucasfilm: Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Also Disney Lucasfilm: Here's Lando and Palpatine! Remeber them from the past? Maybe Luke is in this movie too! We had to bring them back because we have no idea how to write good charaters and interesting stories. Please come see our movie!

The only good thing I've seen come out of Star Wars Celebration is the preview of The Mandalorian.

**** Disney Star Wars.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 04-15-19 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    I will see it just so I can say I finished the original saga. After that I'm done. I no longer care.

I actually think it's a good idea to bring back Palpatine. We never really saw what happened to him at the end of Return of the Jedi. Suppose he was sucked into a hyperspace pocket in the Force or some horseshit?

Bringing him back would be the ultimate way to end the series, I think: A Skywalker has to once again step up to the plate.

(I didn't watch the videos and I don't follow the buzz online so I may be talking about stuff that's already common knowledge).
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 04-15-19 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I thought VII was more or less a rewash of IV. Mildly entertaining save the bitch way they killed off Han. There really were some good vectors they could have taken in regards to Rey (daughter/neice of Obi Wan for example). Then they allowed Rian Johnson on the set for the next installment...

WTF were they thinking allowing VIII into theaters? So much stupid crap there was no way it should ever have the Star Wars label. I can't think of anyone that calls themselves a true Star Wars fan that thought it was a good movie.

They will have to retcon the shit out of IX in order to bring the traditionalists like myself back into the fold. And combine the best parts of ANH, R1 and ESB. I'll watch it, but only after it comes out on Netflix or Amazon.

I never thought I'd see the day when I would say I thought Phantom Menace wasn't the worst Star Wars. Until I saw Leia playing ****ing Peter Pan out of a starship.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I thought everything after the original trilogy was lame, including the re-released "OMG, I have computer graphics now!1!!" versions Lucas did.

I saw the most recent two only because work paid. I'll probably skip this new thing and whatever derivative bullshit Di$ney shits out in the years ahead, though. Star Wars LXXVII - Return of the Revenue! Yeah, whatever.

The Mandalorian might be cool, but I doubt I'll pay Di$nsy 7 bucks a month to see it.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I will see it just so I can say I finished the original saga. After that I'm done. I no longer care....
    They already DID finish the original saga....
    The house of mouse relaunch is pretty much advanced fanfic that takes place in no universe but the minds of the writers.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    After the original Star Wars all the other movies were terrible. But then if you have seem 1 Hollywood movie you have seen them all.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't think Episode IV or VI have held up very well, but that's just my opinion. "Empire" was the only truly good movie out of the soon-to-be 9. Prepare to be shocked, but Episode III was okay, I just can't stand the guy that plays Anakin.

I really only want a standalone Boba Fett movie at this point. I don't even care about IX, but I'll see it just because. Speaking of standalones, "Solo" wasn't bad either, despite not great casting choices.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast