Thread: 11.5 SOLGW/Aero SBR (First FSP build)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

11.5 SOLGW/Aero SBR (First FSP build)

It's been a while since I've posted here - not for lack of building AR's, I just haven't gotten around to posting them here, but hopefully I can get caught up! I've been debating doing a build with an FSP upper and this sorta fell into my hands at a great price, and so I thought I'd share. It's a very simple and compact build, many parts I already had on hand, and where I was short on parts i.e. the C4 cutout, I used our E&E to source what I needed. This rifle has excellent balance, the 30 cal 762 SDN-6 does put more weight on the front end, but it is still very agile to handle. I'm planning on an Mini 4 or a M42K in the future instead of the heavier 30 cal can. Big thanks to Euro and SOLGW for helping me source the parts to what is sure to be one of my favorite shooters.

Parts List.

Upper:
    Aero upper receiver
    SOLGW 11.5" Combat Grade carbine gas barrel w/ F marked FSP, AAC Brakeout 2.0 51T brake
    Nitride gas tube
    LMT Enhanced bolt carrier w/ Sionics bolt completion kit
    Centurion Arms Carbine C4 cutout rail
    Raptor CH
    Troy fixed rear sight
    EOTech EXPS 3-0
    BCM angled stubby
    Inforce 700lm WML

Lower:
    Aero Precision lower (SBR'd)
    DSG Arms lower parts w/DSG Arms billet trigger guard
    Talon short throw ambi selector switch
    CMC 3.5 curved trigger (This will be replaced with a Hiperfire heavy gunner trigger w/ 4.5-5 lb pull, which is my personal preference, but this is what I had in the parts box)
    Aluminum CNC'd Redi-Mag - don't build an AR without one (usually anyway)
    Troy Tomahawk PDW stock (Tomahawk buffer and spring)
    BFG Sling

Barring a massive downpour I'll be taking it out to see how it runs. I'm not expecting any issues though.

Also, I cannot say enough about SOLGW's level of support. I only use quality parts that I know and trust. This is the first time I've used SOLGW, but it will not be the last. I sent the upper to them that I bought from a friend because the FSP was crooked. I was hoping they would fix it for me and as I communicated to them, I was willing to pay for that work, since I didn't know how it had happened. They did not fix it for me. They sent me a brand new upper receiver, barrel, barrel nut, nitride gas tube and brand new FSP. That just blew my mind. Talk about a committment to stand behind their products and put the customer first. I am nothing short of really impressed with them and they have earned my business.

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-13-19 at 08:44. Reason: barrel nomenclature change
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams