Thread: Sneider 8ga Hammerless

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Sneider 8ga Hammerless

A friend of mine has a Sneider 8ga hammerless which I think has a broken firing pin, it fails to return. Does anybody know anything about them, or know of any competent gunsmiths who can repair, and possibly restore it

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfireman View Post
    A friend of mine has a Sneider 8ga hammerless which I think has a broken firing pin, it fails to return. Does anybody know anything about them, or know of any competent gunsmiths who can repair, and possibly restore it
    I HIGHLY recommend your friend have it appraised by a professional who deals in antique shotguns before doing ANYTHING to it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend your friend have it appraised by a professional who deals in antique shotguns before doing ANYTHING to it.
    Yes 100% this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Yes 100% this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't put my finger on the article but I read somewhere less than 200 hammerless 8G were made. The OP's friend owes me a nice Christmas present if true.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Bringing this thread back up. This gun is going to a very qualified gunsmith tomorrow who is going to make a replacement firing pin and go through the whole gun and provide appraisal paperwork. Next on the list is to try and locate 5-10 rounds of 8ga birdshot.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have sent over a dozen back and forth emails with the gentleman that runs that page and learned more than I thought possible about this shotgun. Gun is back from the smith with a new firing pin and lean bill of health. Also, I finally sourced some ammunition for it and we are hoping to shoot it in the next couple weeks.